Sign in with
Your question

Restart

Last response: in Components
August 27, 2010 6:36:13 AM

please help me...,my computer has restarting oftentimes after i'm replace battery CMOS&clear CMOS?!? :(  Just like no power to have operational!?? :whistle: (Blank Display)My rig is Intel i7 860, DFI P55 T3eH9, DDR 3 PC 12800 OCZ reaper 4 GB, 2 HDD-1 TB Samsung 7200 SATA&160 GB Hitachi Deskstar, ZOTAC 9800 GTX+ 512 MB, Vantec ION+ 550 watt&V8 Coolermaster.

More about : restart

August 27, 2010 6:43:39 AM

POST LED has "8" in my DFI P55 T3eH9
m
l
Anonymous
August 27, 2010 2:05:12 PM

check again the power wirings in the case.

check that the mainboard is properly isolated/fixed to the casing.

check if all cards are properly inserted in their slots.

check the temperature readings to see if one is abnormally high.

if all is fine, it is most likely a software problem - something triggers an error and the OS bites the dust.
could be SATA or video related.

to be sure it is not a hardware issue, try to install under windows, using wubi (http://wubi-installer.org/) the ubuntu linux.
then leave it running and playing some movie. you can uninstall it easy after you're done. no need to make new partitions, etc.

if it restarts, then you know its not your software....

good luck.
m
l
August 28, 2010 1:34:22 AM

i'm already check again in my installation and not anything weird.Because i'm often installation anything conputer.But this my first time i'm using DFI motherboard. Surprisingly i remove CMOS battery anfd show up debug LED "8" restar and restart again without BIOS display?!?!?

What do you think about in my case!?!? :( 

Quote:
check again the power wirings in the case.

check that the mainboard is properly isolated/fixed to the casing.

check if all cards are properly inserted in their slots.

check the temperature readings to see if one is abnormally high.

if all is fine, it is most likely a software problem - something triggers an error and the OS bites the dust.
could be SATA or video related.

to be sure it is not a hardware issue, try to install under windows, using wubi (http://wubi-installer.org/) the ubuntu linux.
then leave it running and playing some movie. you can uninstall it easy after you're done. no need to make new partitions, etc.

if it restarts, then you know its not your software....

good luck.

m
l
!