Sign in with
Your question

Win 7 cant see polaroid monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 21, 2010 6:18:12 AM

Hello, I just built a new computer and am having problems with windows 7 seeing my monitor. Im using the same graphics card (nvidia gtx 260) and the same monitor (polaroid 47'' lcd tv TLA-04641C) which both worked just fine in windows xp, But now on windows 7 if its plugged in all I see is bios and windows loading screen then after that it goes blank with "no input" and shuts off. I can sometimes switch the vga slots to get it to work but then device manager doesnt report any monitors and if i open my nvidia control panel my monitor blanks out and goes back to "no input" and shuts off again.
Also I have a second monitor I can plug in and works without a problem. I can even plug in both monitors to get my Polariod monitor to function and show as 'generic pnp' in device manager, although I still have problems in nvidia control panel and it shuts off in places.

Like I said it was running in xp just fine so im thinking it might be somthing like a driver issue with windows 7, but unless theres some kind of Polaroid driver for the TLA-04641C 47'' LCD TV out there im fresh out of ideas.

More about : win polaroid monitor

May 23, 2010 12:41:54 AM

Well still not fixed yet. Its getting pretty silly though. I borrowed a third smaller monitor to replace the second monitor to return it to its owner. But it didnt work at all, it wouldnt piggy back and turn on the first one like the other one did. and now i find out with this second monitor doesnt even have to be turned on or plugged into the wall! Just the fact its plugged into my computer makes my big imcompatible 46'' work.
m
l
May 23, 2010 1:24:30 AM

I have a polaroid 15'' lcd that had issues with windows 7 as well. I had to boot into safe mode and change the screen resolution because it was set at 59 Hz.
m
l
August 16, 2011 2:53:12 PM

fpoama said:
I have a polaroid 15'' lcd that had issues with windows 7 as well. I had to boot into safe mode and change the screen resolution because it was set at 59 Hz.

Out of curiosity was your lcd working?, cause i have this issue and it simply says no support and have no idea what to do about it or how to fix the problem.

m
l
Related resources
!