What do "CTO" and "BTO" mean on some of the Sony Vaio spec..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 29, 2004 4:15:22 AM

I've seen some Vaio spec sheets that say "BTO" or "CTO" in the title
description. For the life of me, I can't figure out what these stand
for. Anyone know? Thanks.

Ryan Cabanas

More about : cto bto sony vaio spec

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 29, 2004 12:58:17 PM

"Ryan Cabanas" <rcabanas@ncinternet.net> wrote in message
| I've seen some Vaio spec sheets that say "BTO" or "CTO" in the title
| description. For the life of me, I can't figure out what these stand
| for. Anyone know? Thanks.
|
| Ryan Cabanas

Build-to-order (BTO) and configure-to-order (CTO) .

http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/5027

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 29, 2004 5:39:23 PM

On 29 Oct 2004 00:15:22 -0700, rcabanas@ncinternet.net (Ryan Cabanas)
wrote:

>I've seen some Vaio spec sheets that say "BTO" or "CTO" in the title
>description. For the life of me, I can't figure out what these stand
>for. Anyone know? Thanks.
>
>Ryan Cabanas

I bought an HP CTO laptop. CTO stands for "Configured To Order". I'm
assuming BTO stands for "Built To Order".

Cheers,

Keirmeister
a b D Laptop
October 30, 2004 8:37:48 AM

Probably "build to order" and "configure to order". They are not stock
off-the-shelf products.

Ryan Cabanas wrote:
> I've seen some Vaio spec sheets that say "BTO" or "CTO" in the title
> description. For the life of me, I can't figure out what these stand
> for. Anyone know? Thanks.
>
> Ryan Cabanas
Anonymous
a b D Laptop