Failed HDD Uninstalling Programs HELP URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpillin425

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Let me first accurately describe what happened. So one of my HDDs failed (I got a new one, a Western Digital Caviar Blue 640gb). I had lot's of applications and games installed on the failed HDD, but nothing important. Now, when I go to re-install those games/apps again, some of them act as if they were installed, and attempt to uninstall (the hard drive failed so it was unable to uninstall the correct way). So, it will not let me re-install those programs, until I uninstall them. They are unable to uninstall because they cannot find "Drive D:," which is the failed drive, and they are probably still somewhere in my computer's registry, but the install directories are gone with the failed drive. If anybody knows how to fix this to reinstall my programs again, I would greatly appreciate it. I am on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Thank You.

Solution

I don't recommend using registry cleaning software, but seeing as how the applications are inaccessable, using one may be all you can do.

1) Be sure to take a system restore point before using one.

Solution

cpillin425

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Yes, I researched more and downloaded programs called "RegClean" and "CC Cleaner." It did fix most of the programs. But I am probably going to have to backup, and reinstall windows 7 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.