Sign in with
Your question

Problems with finding the right P67 mb

Last response: in Motherboards
March 29, 2011 12:48:03 AM

Hello

I asked about which mb would be good for gaming and I was pointed in the Asrock Extreme 6 direction. I read the reviews on it and it seems that it has many problems and doesnt work so well.

I am looking at Asus and Asrock. I want a board that is good quality. I will use the computer for playing games, 2D and 3D animation design and production.

I will overclock the cpu and gpu. I will add a pci sound card(maybe one for recording or for hi fi audio), would like a esata connection, usb 3 and fire wire if I can. Front usb 3 or 2 (case) would be good too but if not much mb with it, than that is fine.

Which boards should I look at from these companies? I read the specs on some but cant tell which ones are good.

Should I look at other companies? Budget is $250 max. maybe can do more.

More about : problems finding p67

a c 715 V Motherboard
March 29, 2011 1:05:24 AM

Just for curiosity where did you see the bad reviews of ASRock Extreme6, it's basically the ASUS P8P67 PRO with an ASRock wrapper.

$240 P8P67 DELUXE {2-WAY, x8/x8 + x4 open, Marvell 9128 RAID 0/1, eSATA, BT, Dual Intel/Realtek LAN, USB3 Ft Panel} and just for you IEEE 1394 @ I/O and onboard header.
March 29, 2011 1:14:05 AM

jaquith said:
Just for curiosity where did you see the bad reviews of ASRock Extreme6, it's basically the ASUS P8P67 PRO with an ASRock wrapper.

$240 P8P67 DELUXE {2-WAY, x8/x8 + x4 open, Marvell 9128 RAID 0/1, eSATA, BT, Dual Intel/Realtek LAN, USB3 Ft Panel} and just for you IEEE 1394 @ I/O and onboard header.

Problems with chipset heatsink blocking pci-e slot, limiting how many gpus and other cards you can install on the board.

I do not understand some of the info such as Marvel 9128, etc.

Which would be better, the Asus P867 Deluxe, Asrock Extreme 6, or the Asrock Fatality?

For the Fatality, it doesnt mention hytreading and support for th new i cores as the other Asrock boards do. (New Egg descriptions
Related resources
a c 715 V Motherboard
March 29, 2011 1:36:42 AM

All of the MOBOs listed support the i7-2600 series HT, cannot think of any P67's that doesn't. What you described screams ASUS P8P67 DELUXE. The Marvell 9128 RAID 0/1 is a separate SATA3 6Gb/s chipset.

Here's the 'Better' order:
3-WAY:
Maximus IV Extreme 3 {2~3WAY, x8...x8, Marvell 9182 [ASUS typo? 9128] RAID 0/1, eSATA, BT, Dual Intel LAN}

2-WAY:
ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional {no BT}
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE

2-WAY:
ASUS P8P67 PRO {2-WAY, x8/x8 + x4 open, Marvell 9120 no RAID, eSATA, BT}
ASRock Extreme6 {no BT}
March 29, 2011 1:45:03 AM

jaquith said:
All of the MOBOs listed support the i7-2600 series HT, cannot think of any P67's that doesn't. What you described screams ASUS P8P67 DELUXE. The Marvell 9128 RAID 0/1 is a separate SATA3 6Gb/s chipset.

3-WAY:
Maximus IV Extreme 3 {2~3WAY, x8...x8, Marvell 9182 [ASUS typo? 9128] RAID 0/1, eSATA, BT, Dual Intel LAN}

2-WAY:
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE

2-WAY:
ASRock Extreme6 {no BT}

What is BT?
a c 715 V Motherboard
March 29, 2011 1:54:33 AM

BT = Bluetooth.
March 31, 2011 4:39:36 AM

jaquith said:

3-WAY:

2-WAY:
ASUS P8P67 DELUXE

2-WAY:
ASRock Extreme6 {no BT}

How about the Asus SabreTooth and the ASRock Extreme 4?
a c 715 V Motherboard
March 31, 2011 2:08:59 PM

Here's a better grid for comparisons - http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1973

Between the 2 you selected the ASRock Extreme4 because it offers an extra PCIe x4 for expansion and USB3 Ft Panel accessory. Both the ASRock Extreme4 & Sabertooth P67 have 8+2 phase and lack BT, but the Sabertooth P67 has x1 USB3 header, but lacks the USB3 Ft Panel accessory.

ASUS owns ASRock.

Specs:
ASRock Extreme4 {2 Yr warranty} - http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P67%20Extre...
Sabertooth P67 {3 Yr warranty} - http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=ZYgjt71bzlh62Zk9&...

Note: Sabertooth P67 if you want front USB3 then you'll need a Case with USB3 support {rare} or purchase a USB3 Ft Panel accessory.
March 31, 2011 4:11:14 PM

jaquith said:

Between the 2 you selected the ASRock Extreme4 because it offers an extra PCIe x4 for expansion and USB3 Ft Panel accessory. Both the ASRock Extreme4 & Sabertooth P67 have 8+2 phase and lack BT, but the Sabertooth P67 has x1 USB3 header, but lacks the USB3 Ft Panel accessory.

ASUS owns ASRock.

Specs:
ASRock Extreme4 {2 Yr warranty} - http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P67%20Extre...
Sabertooth P67 {3 Yr warranty} - http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=ZYgjt71bzlh62Zk9&...

Note: Sabertooth P67 if you want front USB3 then you'll need a Case with USB3 support {rare} or purchase a USB3 Ft Panel accessory.

Ok oh.

What is 8+2 phase?

How do these stack up against the others you showed me?

I want a board where I can do Sli in the future, have usb 3, firewire and if possilbe esata. All the other things I do not know how to tell if or what I want in a board. A header is something you need in order to connect to that part on the case? (for example, usb header means you can connect it to a usb port on the front of the case ?)
a c 715 V Motherboard
March 31, 2011 4:34:48 PM

First, I personally won't buy a P67 with anything less than 12+2 Phases if I purchased a 'K' SB. Yes, you can OC a 4+1 to 5GHz -- lets see how it's running 1 year later - my money is on a burnt-out MOBO ;) 

Phases the More Phases = Lower Load = Longevity. 4+1 @ 80%, 8+2 @ 40%, 12+2 27%, etc...the GA...UD7 is 24 16%. Light bulb analogy - which lasts longer a bulb @ 80% or 27%?? BTW the +2 is for the RAM/DIMM.

ANS USB Header - yes you're correct.

Your requirements again screams ASUS P8P67 DELUXE or ASUS P8P67 PRO w/o the USB3 Ft Panel, or possibly the ASRock Extreme6.
March 31, 2011 4:41:36 PM

jaquith said:
First, I personally won't buy a P67 with anything less than 12+2 Phases if I purchased a 'K' SB. Yes, you can OC a 4+1 to 5GHz -- lets see how it's running 1 year later - my money is on a burnt-out MOBO ;) 

Phases the More Phases = Lower Load = Longevity. 4+1 @ 80%, 8+2 @ 40%, 12+2 27%, etc...the GA...UD7 is 24 16%. Light bulb analogy - which lasts longer a bulb @ 80% or 27%?? BTW the +2 is for the RAM/DIMM.

ANS USB Header - yes you're correct.

Your requirements again screams ASUS P8P67 DELUXE or ASUS P8P67 PRO w/o the USB3 Ft Panel, or possibly the ASRock Extreme6.

Ok that what phase is. Thank you

I looked at the descriptions of different boards on New Egg, but the Phase is not listed. Do I go to the manufactuer site to find Phase values?

What do you think about Gigabyte boards?

So I am thinking which one to get so what would be a good way to judge which to buy if I wanted to go Asrock Fatality vs Asus Deluxe, Asrock Extreme 6 vs Asus Pro, vs Extreme 4. Only the phases and PCI-E numbers?
a c 715 V Motherboard
March 31, 2011 5:07:38 PM

I already linked the Grid above.
http://www.bjorn3d.com/Material/revimages/motherboards/...

The only P67 Gigabyte MOBO that I can recommend, now, is the GA-P67A-UD7 the GA-P67A-UD5 & GA-P67A-UD3 had bad batches. I find that Gigabyte has 2 'speeds' Great and Horrible, their top 2 tiers a Great and everything below to be problematic and unpredictable {works or fails like flipping a coin}.

As for the ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional {16+2} vs ASUS P8P67 Deluxe {16+2}, each has it's pros and cons. The Fatal1ty has a cheaper Marvell 9120 {non-RAID} and the Deluxe has Marvell 9128 {RAID 0/1}; both offer Intel RAID 0,1,5,10 and USB3 Ft Panel. The Fatal1ty and the Deluxe offers an onboard LED-debugger, but no BT support Fatal1ty.

Again, for the $+features I prefer ASUS P8P67 Deluxe.

ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional - http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Fatal1ty%20...

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=FpufhQASBFHNvccl&...
April 1, 2011 5:20:09 PM

jaquith said:
I already linked the Grid above.
http://www.bjorn3d.com/Material/revimages/motherboards/...

The only P67 Gigabyte MOBO that I can recommend, now, is the GA-P67A-UD7 the GA-P67A-UD5 & GA-P67A-UD3 had bad batches. I find that Gigabyte has 2 'speeds' Great and Horrible, their top 2 tiers a Great and everything below to be problematic and unpredictable {works or fails like flipping a coin}.

As for the ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional {16+2} vs ASUS P8P67 Deluxe {16+2}, each has it's pros and cons. The Fatal1ty has a cheaper Marvell 9120 {non-RAID} and the Deluxe has Marvell 9128 {RAID 0/1}; both offer Intel RAID 0,1,5,10 and USB3 Ft Panel. The Fatal1ty and the Deluxe offers an onboard LED-debugger, but no BT support Fatal1ty.

Again, for the $+features I prefer ASUS P8P67 Deluxe.

ASRock Fatal1ty P67 Professional - http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Fatal1ty%20...

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=FpufhQASBFHNvccl&...

What is Marvell? Why have a two raid?

So they are about the same for the Asrock and Asus?
a c 715 V Motherboard
April 1, 2011 6:09:42 PM

Typically the ASRock MOBO's are a 'stripped down' version of the ASUS which isn't to be confused with poor quality.

Two RAIDs, you more expandability options available. Example RAID 0 SSD {OS + Apps} and RAID 1 HDD {Data}. I do a lot of RAID so I tend to gravitate towards MOBOs with better options. Marvell is a good quality chipset maker {NIC, SATA2, etc} - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvell_Technology_Group
April 2, 2011 2:12:08 AM

jaquith said:
Typically the ASRock MOBO's are a 'stripped down' version of the ASUS which isn't to be confused with poor quality.

Two RAIDs, you more expandability options available. Example RAID 0 SSD {OS + Apps} and RAID 1 HDD {Data}. I do a lot of RAID so I tend to gravitate towards MOBOs with better options. Marvell is a good quality chipset maker {NIC, SATA2, etc} - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvell_Technology_Group

I read up on the Fata1ty board and it seems that it is made for gaming mostly. If a board is made for gaming, what would make it different from another board such as the Asus Deluxe?
a c 715 V Motherboard
April 2, 2011 2:29:50 AM

As of this afternoon ALL ASRock P67's were recalled so the point is mute unless you want to wait a longtime.

The differences were within your own quote and BT. Any SLI/CF MOBO with high Phases is 'meant' technically for Gaming. Some MOBO's add voltage points, higher voltage jumpers, PCIe switches, aggressive BIOS voltage/etc options, chip cooling, etc. Doesn't mean that you have to use them nor that they don't offer a direct or indirect benefits. Pure Gaming MOBOs are stripped down to eliminate or reduce excess bandwidth sharing.

It's about find a quality MOBO that meets or exceeds you bare minimum needs and potential 'future' needs. Same argument of Building vs eMachines or Dell.
April 2, 2011 6:04:39 AM

jaquith said:
As of this afternoon ALL ASRock P67's were recalled so the point is mute unless you want to wait a longtime.

The differences were within your own quote and BT. Any SLI/CF MOBO with high Phases is 'meant' technically for Gaming. Some MOBO's add voltage points, higher voltage jumpers, PCIe switches, aggressive BIOS voltage/etc options, chip cooling, etc. Doesn't mean that you have to use them nor that they don't offer a direct or indirect benefits. Pure Gaming MOBOs are stripped down to eliminate or reduce excess bandwidth sharing.

It's about find a quality MOBO that meets or exceeds you bare minimum needs and potential 'future' needs. Same argument of Building vs eMachines or Dell.

All Asrock boards have been recalled? Why?
a c 715 V Motherboard
April 2, 2011 2:00:15 PM

Only the P67 ASRock's were recalled, as far as why I haven't a clue -- defective obviously. However, my understanding is it's not just ASRock. Newegg suggested a others -- "We did have a recall on some of our motherboards."
April 2, 2011 11:52:54 PM

jaquith said:
Only the P67 ASRock's were recalled, as far as why I haven't a clue -- defective obviously. However, my understanding is it's not just ASRock. Newegg suggested a others -- "We did have a recall on some of our motherboards."

So I am reading more to understand about mb. So the lower end Asus boards have one good useable PCI-I x16 for gpus and the other is shared with some of the other pci-e 1 and 4 slots. The lower end boards have lower phase numbers(which affects ocing), lower end boards have less connectors(usb 3, fire wire, etc) and less onboard ones(able to connect to connections built into the case) lower end ones, have less extra software, and lower end ones have different raid chips.

Is this the case?

So that means the Sabretooth, Revoluation, Deluxe and Maximus are the top ones.

The Sabretooth can only support sli and one card is x16 and 2 are x8 x8. The Sabretooth can only go up to 1800 ram. It has the special heat dissipating armour. The phase is 8+2. Why is the ram limited? Is this for gamers who cannot afford the higher boards?

The revolution I really dont understand, it has many good things but some things is left off that the other boards have. It can do quad SLI.
Who is the Revolution aimed at?

The Deluxe has a bit of everything and can do a 3 card SLI set up. This board is for mainstream and gamers?

The Maximus is mostly set for gamers. Lots of PCI-E x16 slots but few pci slots. This board is mainly aimed at extreme gamers.
Not really good if want to add other things that need pci slots.

The Asrock boards.

The Extreme 6 is like the Asus Deluxe.
The Extreme 5 is like the Asus Pro.

The Fata1ty is a board aimed at gamers and is sort of a cheap version of the Asus Maximus?

Is all of this correct?
April 3, 2011 1:24:38 AM

This recall is not a new thing. The problem was identified in January and it has to do with the chipset on the SandyBridge boards. There is a hardware problem which causes the Intel based SATA ports to degrade over time.

So all the manufacturers with affected products pulled them. The new ones are now starting to ship for certain models. You can see posts in the forums for people who are getting their new boards now. But not all are available for sale from the merchant of your choice..... yet.

But, of course, re-releasing the boards causes slightly different names to be used which also adds confusion, at least for me. I am trying to line up parts to build a new gaming pc per the recent articles here on TH and I am having a hell of a time actually finding the right mobo.
a c 715 V Motherboard
April 3, 2011 2:16:26 AM

sylvesp said:
This recall is not a new thing. The problem was identified in January and it has to do with the chipset on the SandyBridge boards. There is a hardware problem which causes the Intel based SATA ports to degrade over time.

Nope, this is a NEW thing the revised of the newly re-released ASRocks B3 and were AGAIN recalled 4/1/2011.

I am not confused in the slightest, the recall again is beyond the Intel SATA2 recall.

Recalls:

1. Intel P67/H67 SATA2 Issue. January 31, 2011

Re-released P67/H67 {B3} March 2011~April

2. ASRock plus supposedly 'some other' P67 MOBOs; Unknown as of yet Defect. April 1, 2011

Re-Re-Release date Unknown.
April 3, 2011 4:42:39 AM

jaquith said:
Nope, this is a NEW thing the revised of the newly re-released ASRocks B3 and were AGAIN recalled 4/1/2011.

I am not confused in the slightest, the recall again is beyond the Intel SATA2 recall.

Recalls:

2. ASRock plus supposedly 'some other' P67 MOBOs; Unknown as of yet Defect. April 1, 2011

Thanks for the clarification. Seems like bad news, especially for those who just got new boards to replace the first bad ones! Sorry that I missed the boat on this latest problem and just added to the confusion instead of helping out. My bad!

And so much for thinking that I was going to use an ASRock board in my next build. I haven't built a PC in a while and between recalls, slight differences in names and model numbers, and availability of the parts I want to clone from the TH articles, I am getting very frustrated.

The recent marathon build articles for gaming machines have great information in them but what good is it if you cannot actually buy the parts listed there? I am beyond the point where I have time to let my build become a science experiment. I want to do "monkey see, monkey do" including "monkey buy" where reasonable.

Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Paul
April 3, 2011 5:30:53 AM

jaquith said:

Recalls:

So should I go Sabretooh or Deluxe?
April 3, 2011 5:39:50 AM

g335 said:
So I am reading more to understand about mb. So the lower end Asus boards have one good useable PCI-I x16 for gpus and the other is shared with some of the other pci-e 1 and 4 slots. The lower end boards have lower phase numbers(which affects ocing), lower end boards have less connectors(usb 3, fire wire, etc) and less onboard ones(able to connect to connections built into the case) lower end ones, have less extra software, and lower end ones have different raid chips.

Is this the case?

So that means the Sabretooth, Revoluation, Deluxe and Maximus are the top ones.

The Sabretooth can only support sli and one card is x16 and 2 are x8 x8. The Sabretooth can only go up to 1800 ram. It has the special heat dissipating armour. The phase is 8+2. Why is the ram limited? Is this for gamers who cannot afford the higher boards?

The revolution I really dont understand, it has many good things but some things is left off that the other boards have. It can do quad SLI.
Who is the Revolution aimed at?

The Deluxe has a bit of everything and can do a 3 card SLI set up. This board is for mainstream and gamers?

The Maximus is mostly set for gamers. Lots of PCI-E x16 slots but few pci slots. This board is mainly aimed at extreme gamers.
Not really good if want to add other things that need pci slots.

The Asrock boards.

The Extreme 6 is like the Asus Deluxe.
The Extreme 5 is like the Asus Pro.

The Fata1ty is a board aimed at gamers and is sort of a cheap version of the Asus Maximus?

Is all of this correct?

I am still waiting for the clarification from a PC expert here. You got the same four boards I have been deciding to pick. I am leaning toward to Sabertooth, but I am still a bit concerning with the memory limit.
April 3, 2011 6:19:25 AM

Jacquith I think you're a troll, quit spreading confusion, if it is a recall then stop hyping this in multiple threads. They're trying to get stuff sorted and everyone should just sit tight until April progresses a little bit more. So far no one I know is having a noticeable issue with their ASRocks nor have they received recall information. Vendors/Consumers would both be notified by now of a second issue, not just a NewEgg rep giving you two arbritrary lines about a presumed recall. The representative you spoke with is most likely not one who sticks their nose in chipset trends. They do their job and may/may not be tech savvy.

TL;DR lets not get in a fuss and stop spreading confusion about a piece of PCB.
April 3, 2011 7:58:11 AM

psychicassassin said:
I am still waiting for the clarification from a PC expert here. You got the same four boards I have been deciding to pick. I am leaning toward to Sabertooth, but I am still a bit concerning with the memory limit.

Does anyone which would be best in my case if there are not any Asrock boards available, the Asus Sabretooth or the Deluxe?

Wonder what is wrong with the Asrock boards
April 3, 2011 10:14:14 AM

I just read a good article on Asrock Fatality. It outperformed the Asus Deluxe, obviously. You're right, it sounds like the Maximus. I am still wondering how old is the Sabertooth, and will there be an updated Sabertooth coming up? I think Asrock Fatality would be nice for a person who takes a risk trying a new thing. Sabertooth is probably the safest bet, but not sure about the durability.

Have you looked at the Intel DP67BG?
April 3, 2011 11:01:20 AM

psychicassassin said:
I just read a good article on Asrock Fatality. It outperformed the Asus Deluxe, obviously. You're right, it sounds like the Maximus. I am still wondering how old is the Sabertooth, and will there be an updated Sabertooth coming up? I think Asrock Fatality would be nice for a person who takes a risk trying a new thing. Sabertooth is probably the safest bet, but not sure about the durability.

Have you looked at the Intel DP67BG?

No, is that supposed to be a good one?
a c 715 V Motherboard
April 3, 2011 2:34:22 PM

g335 said:
So should I go Sabretooh or Deluxe?

Both are fine, but I typically recommend the Deluxe besides the features it offer 12+2 phase vs 8+2 phases. Phases help in the longevity of the MOBO; example 12+2 @ 50% load = 8+2 @ 75% load. It also depends upon your needs, good arguments can be made for the P8P67 PRO. Review -> http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1973

P8P67 DELUXE {2-WAY, x8/x8 + x4 open, Marvell 9128 RAID 0/1, eSATA, BT, Dual Intel/Realtek LAN, USB3 Ft Panel}

P8P67 EVO {2-WAY, x8/x8 + x4 open, Marvell 9120 no RAID, eSATA, BT, Dual Intel/Realtek LAN, BT}
P8P67 PRO {2-WAY, x8/x8 + x4 open, Marvell 9120 no RAID, eSATA, BT}

SABERTOOTH P67 {2-WAY, x8/x8, Marvell 9120 no RAID, eSATA}

a c 715 V Motherboard
April 3, 2011 3:05:03 PM

hcstnfrd said:
Jacquith I think you're a troll, quit spreading confusion, if it is a recall then stop hyping this in multiple threads.

Are you a cRaZy Warlock?! I'm not hyping anything, lying, misrepresenting, nor did I start any threads -- do you work for ASRock or something? And even if I did start a thread then it would be the truth. Should people be ignorant and flowery of a problem? No.

The OP was considering an ASRock P67, so I think it's a little tough and a bad idea under the circumstances to buy one. I think you need to reread this thread.

Original thread -> http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/289221-30-asrock-mobo... Blame ASRock!
April 3, 2011 7:01:38 PM

I am trying to decide either on the Asus p67 Deluxe or the Asus P67 WS Revolution :bounce: 

I like the fact that the deluxe gives you USB 3.0 on the board w/front panel. But if I am thinking about going 2way SLI would I be better off going with the WS Rev?

This is what I have purchased so far:

1 "Corsair Professional Series Gold High Performance 1200-Watt Power Supply CMPSU-1200AX"
2 "EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536 MB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card - Lifetime Warranty 015-P3-1580-AR"
3 "Intel Core i7 Processor i7-2600K 3.4GHz 8MB LGA1155 CPU BX80623I72600K"
4 "OCZ Technology 120 GB Vertex 3 SATA III 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive VTX3-25SAT3-120G"
5 "ASUS VG236H 23-Inch 120 Hz 3D Ready Panel Monitor with nVidia 3D Vision Kit - Black"

I am getting ready to purchase these:

1 "Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B

Not sure which MB yet, any ideas?
April 3, 2011 7:31:41 PM

am i missing something ..cause i always thought that the P67 Boards were being recalled for defective SATA II Ports ..right ..?
April 3, 2011 7:36:27 PM

CraigHarrison said:
am i missing something ..cause i always thought that the P67 Boards were being recalled for defective SATA II Ports ..right ..?

They have been revised!
April 4, 2011 12:35:33 AM

jaquith said:
Both are fine, but I typically recommend the Deluxe besides the features it offer 12+2 phase vs 8+2 phases. Phases help in the longevity of the MOBO; example 12+2 @ 50% load = 8+2 @ 75% load. It also depends upon your needs, good arguments can be made for the P8P67 PRO. Review -> http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1973

P8P67 DELUXE {2-WAY, x8/x8 + x4 open, Marvell 9128 RAID 0/1, eSATA, BT, Dual Intel/Realtek LAN, USB3 Ft Panel}

P8P67 EVO {2-WAY, x8/x8 + x4 open, Marvell 9120 no RAID, eSATA, BT, Dual Intel/Realtek LAN, BT}
P8P67 PRO {2-WAY, x8/x8 + x4 open, Marvell 9120 no RAID, eSATA, BT}

SABERTOOTH P67 {2-WAY, x8/x8, Marvell 9120 no RAID, eSATA}
http://www.bjorn3d.com/Material/revimages/motherboards/Asus_P8P67/feature15.jpg

So the WS Revolution is a workstation board? Oh. Ok so for what I am asking this will be good for me since I want to game and do 2D,3D animation design and rendering? Will a Deluxe still do? What will be the biggest difference between these two?
April 4, 2011 2:09:59 AM

jaquith said:

ASUS owns ASRock.

Specs:

Where do I find the info on "phase" as you mention above? I can't find in the details tab or on Asus website.
April 4, 2011 3:40:18 AM

Look at the MSI P67A-GD65, its a good board.
a c 715 V Motherboard
April 4, 2011 2:41:30 PM

The testing shows it to be fine. My concern is it's, as I recall 6+2 Phase but they are 'SFC' type which are supposedly 30% more efficient. Longterm with new tech I simply don't know.
May 7, 2011 3:26:50 PM

jaquith
Well it seems that there have been many problems w/SB first recall now another w/ ASrock. Do you think this recall could spread to other makers? I have been hearing that some think the problem is the SB architecture as it seems everyone(manf.) is having a higher % of problems or maybe they(manf.) are just trying to build mobos on the cheap

OOps it seems this thread was a month old. Got my months mixed up(lost one some where)
May 7, 2011 3:36:08 PM

Also I'm wondering how the Deluxe would work handle 3-way xfire as in referance clocked 6990+6970 which is theoretically 3 way but using 2 board. this setup also has been shown to beat 3 580's for much less $

http://www.hardocp.com/article/201 [...] ire_review
!