Clicking "View Available Wireless Networks" Does Not Bring Up Window

G

My computer was recently attacked by a virus that disguised itself as a virus scanner. I have used AVG Anti-Virus and Spybot Search and Destroy several times to remove what was there. The problem is, now I cannot view the wireless network list. The wireless icon is there, but whenever I click the option to view available wireless networks, the window does not come up.

My computer was recently attacked by a virus that disguised itself as a virus scanner. I have used AVG Anti-Virus and Spybot Search and Destroy several times to remove what was there. The problem is, now I cannot view the wireless network list. The wireless icon is there, but whenever I click the option to view available wireless networks, the window does not come up.

It's an indication that as good as Spybot is, it and AVG weren't enough to clean out the rubbish this annoyance put in, or allowed through a back door it left open when it invaded your system.

Download MalwareBytes from http://www.malwarebytes.org and install it then let it update and reinstall itself if it wants to. Run the Quick Scan and let it fix anything it shows in the Results form. Restart the computer and repeat the process but with the Full Scan. After that restart, go back in and click the Logs tab and post both of them back here so we can see what you cleared out and assess what may remain. This still may not be enough to deal with the threat. Post baclk its name - if it was Live Security Suite it's a particularly sticky beggar if not removed in particular way.
[/#000ff]

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
There are lots of viruses, one of them overwriting type (I won't explain it more because its quite long) If your using windows xp - reformat your drive. If your using imaging software for recovery purposes (acronis, norton) deploy it now. There are other ways for these but its time consuming.