System (WinXP) not recognizing EXE files

Rich

My system has stopped recognizing EXE files as well as LNK files.

I think the association in the registry is bad BUT since the system
cannot recognize EXE files, I cannot run REGEDIT.EXE.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Is there a keyboard shortcut to go back to a previous restore point
(since I cannot run that program either)?

Thanks,
Frank

Hi

Please try the following link to Doug Knox's web site and run the fix for
the .EXE & .LNK Files:

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups.