Does speed of Compactflash card matter in Canon S410?

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 18, 2004 3:17:55 AM

Hi,

I just got a new Canon S410 and am a bit confused by the speed of the
CompactFlash cards.

Does speed really matter in this camera? If I get a 14X CompactFlash card
versus 40X, will I see a noticeable difference?

I would appreciate comments from someone with the Canon Elph series of
cameras.

Thanks,

Zoom
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 3:17:56 AM

"Zoom" <Zoom@zoom.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just got a new Canon S410 and am a bit confused by the speed of the
> CompactFlash cards.
>SNIP<

This site doesn't list the S410, and I don't know enough about the cameras
that _are_ listed to know if any are comparable:
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=600...
so check the CF Database menu and see if you find a comparable Canon
listed.

This database lists various cameras and how fast they write to CF cards. The
pages I've given the URL for talks a bit about the cards. I was surprised
by his findings that a Digital Rebel wrote faster to WA cards, even thought
the camera doesn't support it. If you find a camera comparable to yours, I
think you'll find some interesting results.