Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which Monitors for Eyefinity?..

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Monitors
  • Samsung
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 21, 2010 4:31:16 PM

Hi guys, I'm thinking of making an Eyefinity set up with my 5970. However, I cant decided which monitors to choose...

I currenly have a Samsung 2433BW-1(http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/office/monitors/esse...), but I think I would be using that for my Eyefinity because of it's thich frame. Instead I came across SAMSUNG P2350-1(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...). It got full HD and other stuff AND A THIN FRAME.
Will this be a good choice? or are there any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot

More about : monitors eyefinity

Related resources
May 21, 2010 9:46:58 PM

Actually, I'm trying to find 3 22-24" monitors.
Also, I heard that you need a monitor with a native display port connecter. Is this true?
Will a display port to Dvi adaptor work?
a b C Monitor
May 21, 2010 10:09:42 PM

Needs to be an active display port adapter if it's going to be 3 DVI connections.
May 21, 2010 10:16:29 PM

So any other good choices?
May 21, 2010 10:18:18 PM

Budget?

IPS LCD monitors would be your best bet but they set you back a bit.
a b C Monitor
May 22, 2010 7:20:33 AM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
Needs to be an active display port adapter if it's going to be 3 DVI connections.


Passive VGA adapters can work though. check out this thread: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...

a much cheaper alternative, though not as succesful. id say its worth a shot before getting an expensive active DVI adapter.
May 22, 2010 3:14:35 PM

Excellent choice if you can afford it.

May 22, 2010 3:32:43 PM

Yea.. I find it 30% more expensive than other 1080p monitors...
May 22, 2010 6:05:41 PM

As long as you don't get a TN panel you will be fine as those would really suck.
May 22, 2010 9:24:15 PM

I recently picked up 3 x HP ZR24w's for eyefinity. They are a bit spendy since the are 24" IPS panels (paid $375 shipped for each), but still cheaper than the Dell. But they are great for gaming, have native displayport, height adjustable/pivot, low input lag, no noticeable ghosting and great colors. I prefer the IPS panels to TN because I cannot stand the crappy viewing angles and color shift of TN's, not to mention that most TN's now run the less ideal 1920x1080 resolution versus 1920x1200.
May 22, 2010 10:48:11 PM

Nice, Do you mind measuring the frame of the Hp ZR24w?
Also, anyone know the measuring the the frame of the Dell U2410?
And what are the main difference between the Dell and the Hp one?
I'm pretty sure the Dell U2410 would not be $150 more expensive than the Hp one for no reason.....
a b C Monitor
May 23, 2010 8:01:12 PM

welshmousepk said:
Passive VGA adapters can work though. check out this thread...


I know, you'll see me stating that in this forum even before that thread, and then referencing it and the [H] article as follow-up support.

I am more than aware of the digital+analogue configuration options.

However, check out my statement again: Needs to be an active display port adapter if it's going to be 3 DVI connections.

That's in direct reply to his comment and specific to it too, the other answer would be for him to google it or search since this question has been answer a dozen times in the forum (most often by me).
a b C Monitor
May 23, 2010 11:41:20 PM

TheGreatGrapeApe said:
I know, you'll see me stating that in this forum even before that thread, and then referencing it and the [H] article as follow-up support.

I am more than aware of the digital+analogue configuration options.

However, check out my statement again: Needs to be an active display port adapter if it's going to be 3 DVI connections.

That's in direct reply to his comment and specific to it too, the other answer would be for him to google it or search since this question has been answer a dozen times in the forum (most often by me).


was simply trying to make info available mate. wasnt trying to target your reply or call it incorrect,
!