TRL - Rumour/ Features recap

So here's a short list of stuff we've been told about TRL.
Of course, I'm going to miss stuff - so please feel free to add anything!
Just remember - it's stuff we've been told, not speculation. That may come
later ;)

Story:

Pitted agains corrupt forces, headed by a figure from her past long thought
dead.
Female adversary (please confirm).
Back to Lara's origins.
Return to the tombs.
Eight locales - majority of exploring underground.

Game:

'Reactive character model' (shiny eyes!)
Non-block based, open-level style level design/ character interaction.
Even more polygons.
'Fluid' and 'intuitive' (slight groan) character control.
Clumsy shooting Lara from AoD is gone, back to impossible jumps while
shooting like a crazy, armed monkey.
Multiple solutions to some puzzles.
'Large-scale' puzzles (but, IMHO, we've always had that in TR).
Intelligent camera that can be overidden (thank Goddess above).
Lock-on targeting (with crosshairs). Button-press environment actions (oh
no), ie., walk up to a barrel, an icon will flash indicating a button should
be pushed, Lara will then perform an action.
Dual pistols - and close-quarters 'melee'. (No further details).
Steal weapons - but one 'rifle' at a time.
Online capabilities - Xbox Live aware.

-----------------
Slated for Winter 2005 (from GS at 18/05/05).
9 answers Last reply
More about rumour features recap
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Did they ever mention why she's wearing a "Bluetooth" enabled Jabra
    ear-mic (for lack of a better term)?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
    > So here's a short list of stuff we've been told about TRL.
    > Of course, I'm going to miss stuff - so please feel free to add
    > anything! Just remember - it's stuff we've been told, not
    > speculation. That may come later ;)
    >
    > Story:
    >
    > Pitted agains corrupt forces, headed by a figure from her past long
    > thought dead.
    > Female adversary (please confirm).
    > Back to Lara's origins.
    > Return to the tombs.
    > Eight locales - majority of exploring underground.
    >
    > Game:
    >
    > 'Reactive character model' (shiny eyes!)
    > Non-block based, open-level style level design/ character interaction.
    > Even more polygons.
    > 'Fluid' and 'intuitive' (slight groan) character control.
    > Clumsy shooting Lara from AoD is gone, back to impossible jumps while
    > shooting like a crazy, armed monkey.
    > Multiple solutions to some puzzles.
    > 'Large-scale' puzzles (but, IMHO, we've always had that in TR).
    > Intelligent camera that can be overidden (thank Goddess above).
    > Lock-on targeting (with crosshairs). Button-press environment actions
    > (oh no), ie., walk up to a barrel, an icon will flash indicating a
    > button should be pushed, Lara will then perform an action.
    > Dual pistols - and close-quarters 'melee'. (No further details).
    > Steal weapons - but one 'rifle' at a time.
    > Online capabilities - Xbox Live aware.
    >
    > -----------------
    > Slated for Winter 2005 (from GS at 18/05/05).

    HOLD THE DAMN BUS! If they give the xbox online capabilities, they'd
    BETTER give the PC version some form of online play with it!
    McG.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
    >> So here's a short list of stuff we've been told about TRL.
    >> Of course, I'm going to miss stuff - so please feel free to add
    >> anything! Just remember - it's stuff we've been told, not
    >> speculation. That may come later ;)
    >>
    >> Story:
    >>
    >> Pitted agains corrupt forces, headed by a figure from her past long
    >> thought dead.
    >> Female adversary (please confirm).
    >> Back to Lara's origins.
    >> Return to the tombs.
    >> Eight locales - majority of exploring underground.
    >>
    >> Game:
    >>
    >> 'Reactive character model' (shiny eyes!)
    >> Non-block based, open-level style level design/ character interaction.
    >> Even more polygons.
    >> 'Fluid' and 'intuitive' (slight groan) character control.
    >> Clumsy shooting Lara from AoD is gone, back to impossible jumps while
    >> shooting like a crazy, armed monkey.
    >> Multiple solutions to some puzzles.
    >> 'Large-scale' puzzles (but, IMHO, we've always had that in TR).
    >> Intelligent camera that can be overidden (thank Goddess above).
    >> Lock-on targeting (with crosshairs). Button-press environment actions
    >> (oh no), ie., walk up to a barrel, an icon will flash indicating a
    >> button should be pushed, Lara will then perform an action.
    >> Dual pistols - and close-quarters 'melee'. (No further details).
    >> Steal weapons - but one 'rifle' at a time.
    >> Online capabilities - Xbox Live aware.
    >>
    >> -----------------
    >> Slated for Winter 2005 (from GS at 18/05/05).
    >
    > HOLD THE DAMN BUS! If they give the xbox online capabilities, they'd
    > BETTER give the PC version some form of online play with it!
    > McG.

    Beware. The Xbox version is going to have some form of online capability -
    there have been no more concrete details of this other than it will be 'Live
    aware'. Live aware games are usually very limited in their online
    components. Usually it just means really mundane things, like updates or the
    ability to see if your friends are online.
    It does NOT mean that you will be able to play multiplayer or even
    communicate with any other online friends (one would assume you could in the
    360 version).

    Technically, all existing PC versions have 'Live aware' capability anyway.
    You can download patches etc. You can even go further than the Xbox Live
    aware and download mods/ trainers/ patches.

    There is a possiblity that you would be able to download custom made levels
    via Live...but I think it is unlikely. Yet another huge reason to buy a good
    PC system and PC games.

    I fell in love with my Xbox.
    But it's served its purpose.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    >> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
    >>> So here's a short list of stuff we've been told about TRL.
    >>> Of course, I'm going to miss stuff - so please feel free to add
    >>> anything! Just remember - it's stuff we've been told, not
    >>> speculation. That may come later ;)
    >>>
    >>> Story:
    >>>
    >>> Pitted agains corrupt forces, headed by a figure from her past long
    >>> thought dead.
    >>> Female adversary (please confirm).
    >>> Back to Lara's origins.
    >>> Return to the tombs.
    >>> Eight locales - majority of exploring underground.
    >>>
    >>> Game:
    >>>
    >>> 'Reactive character model' (shiny eyes!)
    >>> Non-block based, open-level style level design/ character
    >>> interaction. Even more polygons.
    >>> 'Fluid' and 'intuitive' (slight groan) character control.
    >>> Clumsy shooting Lara from AoD is gone, back to impossible jumps
    >>> while shooting like a crazy, armed monkey.
    >>> Multiple solutions to some puzzles.
    >>> 'Large-scale' puzzles (but, IMHO, we've always had that in TR).
    >>> Intelligent camera that can be overidden (thank Goddess above).
    >>> Lock-on targeting (with crosshairs). Button-press environment
    >>> actions (oh no), ie., walk up to a barrel, an icon will flash
    >>> indicating a button should be pushed, Lara will then perform an
    >>> action. Dual pistols - and close-quarters 'melee'. (No further
    >>> details).
    >>> Steal weapons - but one 'rifle' at a time.
    >>> Online capabilities - Xbox Live aware.
    >>>
    >>> -----------------
    >>> Slated for Winter 2005 (from GS at 18/05/05).
    >>
    >> HOLD THE DAMN BUS! If they give the xbox online capabilities,
    >> they'd BETTER give the PC version some form of online play with it!
    >> McG.
    >>

    > Beware. The Xbox version is going to have some form of online
    > capability - there have been no more concrete details of this other
    > than it will be 'Live aware'. Live aware games are usually very
    > limited in their online components. Usually it just means really
    > mundane things, like updates or the ability to see if your friends
    > are online. It does NOT mean that you will be able to play multiplayer
    > or even
    > communicate with any other online friends (one would assume you could
    > in the 360 version).
    >
    > Technically, all existing PC versions have 'Live aware' capability
    > anyway. You can download patches etc. You can even go further than
    > the Xbox Live aware and download mods/ trainers/ patches.
    >
    > There is a possiblity that you would be able to download custom made
    > levels via Live...but I think it is unlikely. Yet another huge reason
    > to buy a good PC system and PC games.
    >
    > I fell in love with my Xbox.
    > But it's served its purpose.

    It takes a good PC to do it really bad ass!!!!! Not to mention a
    really nice video card!
    McG.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Did they ever mention why she's wearing a "Bluetooth" enabled Jabra
    > ear-mic (for lack of a better term)?

    Because they want us to buy Bluetooth enabled Jabra ear-mics. Just like they
    wanted us to buy Jeeps and...that completely useless watch/ clip thingy that
    we got in Chronicles.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
    >> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message

    >>> HOLD THE DAMN BUS! If they give the xbox online capabilities,
    >>> they'd BETTER give the PC version some form of online play with it!
    >>> McG.
    >>>

    >> Beware. The Xbox version is going to have some form of online
    >> capability - there have been no more concrete details of this other
    >> than it will be 'Live aware'. Live aware games are usually very
    >> limited in their online components. Usually it just means really
    >> mundane things, like updates or the ability to see if your friends
    >> are online. It does NOT mean that you will be able to play multiplayer or
    >> even
    >> communicate with any other online friends (one would assume you could
    >> in the 360 version).
    >>
    >> Technically, all existing PC versions have 'Live aware' capability
    >> anyway. You can download patches etc. You can even go further than
    >> the Xbox Live aware and download mods/ trainers/ patches.
    >>
    >> There is a possiblity that you would be able to download custom made
    >> levels via Live...but I think it is unlikely. Yet another huge reason
    >> to buy a good PC system and PC games.
    >>
    >> I fell in love with my Xbox.
    >> But it's served its purpose.
    >
    > It takes a good PC to do it really bad ass!!!!! Not to mention a really
    > nice video card!
    > McG.

    I agree. I have come to see this wisdom over the past several months.
    Good news - my PC parts store just SLASHEd, yes SLASHED (yeah, I like that
    word, it's funny), so anyway, they slashed the price of the card I got me
    little eyes on: Leadtek 256MB 6800GT, down from $635 to $565.
    Yippee!
    And my tax return should be coming in soon, and I get paid this friday. Now
    that I've paid off my credit card I can put most of it into the 'Dragoncarer
    Memorial Fund for Excitement and Joy in Visual Experience and Design Award
    Fund...Trust'.
    Closer, closer!! I can almost smell the hot plastic smell...mmmm
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    >> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
    >>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> Beware. The Xbox version is going to have some form of online
    >>> capability - there have been no more concrete details of this other
    >>> than it will be 'Live aware'. Live aware games are usually very
    >>> limited in their online components. Usually it just means really
    >>> mundane things, like updates or the ability to see if your friends
    >>> are online. It does NOT mean that you will be able to play
    >>> multiplayer or even
    >>> communicate with any other online friends (one would assume you
    >>> could in the 360 version).
    >>>
    >>> Technically, all existing PC versions have 'Live aware' capability
    >>> anyway. You can download patches etc. You can even go further than
    >>> the Xbox Live aware and download mods/ trainers/ patches.
    >>>
    >>> There is a possiblity that you would be able to download custom made
    >>> levels via Live...but I think it is unlikely. Yet another huge
    >>> reason to buy a good PC system and PC games.
    >>>
    >>> I fell in love with my Xbox.
    >>> But it's served its purpose.
    >>
    >> It takes a good PC to do it really bad ass!!!!! Not to mention a
    >> really nice video card!
    >> McG.
    >>

    > I agree. I have come to see this wisdom over the past several months.
    > Good news - my PC parts store just SLASHEd, yes SLASHED (yeah, I like
    > that word, it's funny), so anyway, they slashed the price of the card
    > I got me little eyes on: Leadtek 256MB 6800GT, down from $635 to $565.
    > Yippee!
    > And my tax return should be coming in soon, and I get paid this
    > friday. Now that I've paid off my credit card I can put most of it
    > into the 'Dragoncarer Memorial Fund for Excitement and Joy in Visual
    > Experience and Design Award Fund...Trust'.
    > Closer, closer!! I can almost smell the hot plastic smell...mmmm

    Hey let's hope you're not smelling hot plastic when you turn that
    beastie on! I can feel your excitement! Yaaaay! I'll be cheering
    PW on too! I wonder if Gary is getting the urge yet? Heh!
    McG.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
    > > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message

    > >> It takes a good PC to do it really bad ass!!!!! Not to mention a
    > >> really nice video card!
    > >> McG.
    > >>

    > > I agree. I have come to see this wisdom over the past several months.
    > > Good news - my PC parts store just SLASHEd, yes SLASHED (yeah, I like
    > > that word, it's funny), so anyway, they slashed the price of the card
    > > I got me little eyes on: Leadtek 256MB 6800GT, down from $635 to $565.
    > > Yippee!
    > > And my tax return should be coming in soon, and I get paid this
    > > friday. Now that I've paid off my credit card I can put most of it
    > > into the 'Dragoncarer Memorial Fund for Excitement and Joy in Visual
    > > Experience and Design Award Fund...Trust'.
    > > Closer, closer!! I can almost smell the hot plastic smell...mmmm
    >
    > Hey let's hope you're not smelling hot plastic when you turn that
    > beastie on! I can feel your excitement! Yaaaay! I'll be cheering
    > PW on too! I wonder if Gary is getting the urge yet? Heh!
    > McG.

    Naw, not yet... haven't reached critical mass yet on stuff that needs
    a beefier machine. Truth be told, I don't play that many games, so
    I'm able to hold out longer. :)

    -- G
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Gary Mitchell"
    snip
    >>> Closer, closer!! I can almost smell the hot plastic smell...mmmm
    >>
    >> Hey let's hope you're not smelling hot plastic when you turn that
    >> beastie on! I can feel your excitement! Yaaaay! I'll be
    >> cheering PW on too! I wonder if Gary is getting the urge yet?
    >> Heh!
    >> McG.
    >
    > Naw, not yet... haven't reached critical mass yet on stuff that needs
    > a beefier machine. Truth be told, I don't play that many games, so
    > I'm able to hold out longer. :)
    >
    > -- G
    I understand that. My old non-gaming rig in the living room is a P3-800
    with 768 megs and a GF4-Ti4600. I know that is relatively new, but for
    running imaging and video stuff it's about a minimum.
    McG.

Games Video Games Product