Seagate Barracuda (pictures)

rdizzle96

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Hi, I may sound like an idiot and im sorry If i do. There is probably something i'm not seeing and i am too dumb to see it :/

I thought installing a HDD would be the easiest thing I'd have to do for my new build, but i ran into trouble while trying to install my seagate 1TB 7200Rpm 64mb (cache) (Idk if that helps or not )
I was trying to install it on my computers bracket that is suppose to hold HDD(s) and SDD(s) (already installed 2 SSDs perfectly fine, but this HDD wont fit in the bracket.

:( Is there something im not doing right here? I've tried using some force and scratched the side on my hard drive a little am I suppose o use force to fit it in the bracket? I've also tried sliding it in from one side and slide in the other side but it's too much of a small fit... please help me Idk what to try I don't want to break the seagate :cry:

Here are some pics to give you a better idea of what im talking about:

http://imageshack.us/g/846/dsc02070tz.jpg/

Solution
It's a little hard to tell in the pics, but it looks like the brackets have 4 posts sticking out of the sides. Those 4 posts should sit inside the 4 mount holes on the hard drive. You may need to use force/bend the plastic bracket a little to get the posts aligned properly. It should snap into place nicely when done. Avoid touching the circuits on the hard drive and there shouldn't be any problems.

Edit: SSD's tend to be 2.5 inches while standard desktop HDD's are 3.5 inches. A 3.5" HDD won't fit into a bracket made for a 2.5" drive.

tivatar

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
It's a little hard to tell in the pics, but it looks like the brackets have 4 posts sticking out of the sides. Those 4 posts should sit inside the 4 mount holes on the hard drive. You may need to use force/bend the plastic bracket a little to get the posts aligned properly. It should snap into place nicely when done. Avoid touching the circuits on the hard drive and there shouldn't be any problems.

Edit: SSD's tend to be 2.5 inches while standard desktop HDD's are 3.5 inches. A 3.5" HDD won't fit into a bracket made for a 2.5" drive.

Solution

rdizzle96

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012

It's made for both (at least the case manual says so) (there was ALOT of space left in the bracket when i installed the ssd on it) & yes sorry for bad pics but yes the brackets have 4 (irremovable ) posts on them. I'll try what you said ,but i've tried bending it before but only 2 posts would fit and I've tried fitting the other two with much force but to no avail :??:

rdizzle96

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012

It worked! :wahoo: It just needed more force and some bending , as you stated) :) Thanks a billion friend for looking at my question and helping me (this is my first build )

tivatar

Honorable
Aug 24, 2012
The "universal" brackets I've seen often require an adapter plate for SSD's to properly and securely mount. If you plan on moving this machine around, you may want to make sure they aren't going to be bouncing around.

rdizzle96

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
I'll keep that in mind, but the ssd's were very secure (screwed into the bracket very nicely) The HDD ,as you know, required more work but that too felt very secure. I'll double check thanks again for your help friend.