Which Grphic card shold I look for

grarcher

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I am about to build a I7-930 onto a Gigabyte X58-ud3r motherboard with 6Gb ram now what grphic card do/should I use.

I found this one which is reasonable price wise; Sapphire HD4350 512MB DDR2 PCI E LP Graphics Card
But is it resonably good.

I doubt if I will run games but will run TV dowloads and mostly database & spreadsheet work, plus internet use.

Any suggestions please.

Unfortunatley the Intel chip no longer has its own inbuilt system which until now has sufficed.

If that is only thing you will be doing is office related work then you found a decent for your needs card. Gaming and high ress video then you might want something that is just a little more powerful.

ohsonoob

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Adding a budget to how much you want to spend on a new card would help us suggest something better. But as nforce4max said, the card you want should be good enough for your needs.

grarcher

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I found the sapphire on Amazon at £31 which seemed reasonable but I have never bought or instlled one before and just do not know what to trust.

Thus the question

Budjet is realy from Uk £30 to £50 ish. Can be more if there is a real gain from it. I want two monitors running at once.

grarcher

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I have also found this at same price of £31 its has 1GB but is it any better or worse.

Asus Radeon HD 4350 Silent PCIE HDMI 1GB Graphics Card

The HD4350 will be fine for what you are describing. An HD5450 has more current video/audio playback features and is also within your budget but unless you are planning to hook the computer up to a television/stereo I doubt they will mater to you.

The amount of memory is entirely irrelevant on a card like that. Silent likely means it has a fanless cooler so it makes no noise but may run slightly hotter(not a big deal on such a low power card.)

Yup, memory in those cards are just marketing propaganda.
the 4350 would be great for you needs, though a 5450 will run cooler/decode slightly better, so It is worth the slight premium if you are a Temperature person.

I agree, almost every one likes a cooler running card.