My lil Big new system problem

G

Hi all :hello: , I recently became the proud new owner of my first AMD desktop machine, and its been brill
my specs are as follows:

Phenom II x4 965 OC'd @ 3.9Ghz
2x 2gb DDR3 1333 Kingston bad boys
2x EAH5770 (Crossfire ftw)
M4A785TD-V EVO Asus Mobo
Corsair TX750W PSU

So as u can imagine my expectations are pretty high in terms of performance, but i havent quite been fully satisfied and so a friend suggested "I ask the community".

Reasons for slight disappointment include:
-Slight jerking, Lagging in the newest GTA Liberty City for PC, a game coded especially for crossfire systems
-Slightly lower benchmark results (3D Vantage Mark, Black Box)

I wonder if any of the following matters are the cause :

-Using a 750watt corsair psu which might not be enough power to the entire system. can anyone give suggestions as to what wattage psu I should be using according to the above specs.
-Also heard that it is a good idea to use specific versions of ATI catalyst center that are designed for crossfire systems. Does anyone know anything on that subject to?

P.S one last thing if anyone knows where to find a benchmarking program that utilizes Direct X 11 pls let me know to.

I trust the many intellectual members of these forums will have no problem in helping me sort out this minor difficulty.
MitchSnitchel a.k.a Pouncing_Pony

thestrangebrew

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
The PSU is fine. I've never heard of a specific version for crossfire support, but I'm wondering if your friend meant crossfire profiles? These profiles optimize crossfire for specific games (not sure if gta is one of them but you should be able to check the log.) You can download these profiles on the amd support page.

Had to edit some spelling...

TRENDING THREADS