Sign in with
Your question

Best hard drive for FRAPS recording?

Last response: in Storage
August 25, 2012 8:51:47 PM

What's the best hard drive for FRAPS recording? I'm looking for at least 1TB of storage and 7200rpm. Price preferably under or around $100.
August 25, 2012 11:01:50 PM

If you want THE BEST hard drive for fraps recording you need to get a SSD. Fraps, and any other screen capture program for that matter, will write to the SSD faster because the SSD has a faster write speed than an HDD. However if you absolutely need a 1 tb HDD, a Seagate Barricuda hard drive should do you good. I have one of those and it works pretty good with Fraps and Dxtory.
m
l
August 25, 2012 11:52:38 PM

bogo663 said:
If you want THE BEST hard drive for fraps recording you need to get a SSD. Fraps, and any other screen capture program for that matter, will write to the SSD faster because the SSD has a faster write speed than an HDD. However if you absolutely need a 1 tb HDD, a Seagate Barricuda hard drive should do you good. I have one of those and it works pretty good with Fraps and Dxtory.

I also want to use the HDD to store things, so a SSD won't have enough space. Could you please link to a Seagate Barricuda drive on Amazon? There seems to be many different models...
m
l
!