Gaming System build. need some help

dlogfx

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I looking to build a really nice Gaming PC that could handle most games at 1080p with all the setting on high. I dont really have a set budget but here is what I came up with. Let me know what you guys think/suggest. Thanks

CPU: Intel i7 930
MOBO: MSI X58 Pro-E
RAM: Have not made up my mind but any fast/good 6gb DDR3
GPU: EVGA GTX470 1280MB GDDR5
PSU: Corsair CMPSU-1000HX
SSD: Kingston 128GB V Series
HDD: Havent made up my mind but any Maxtor 2TB for storage

G

yoyo
Intel's I7 is definately the fastest preforming desktop CPU, but it is also very expensive, along with the mobo and the graphics card, those 3 components will set u back a hellofalot already.
If you are willing to spend the money then u will have a monster machine, but I suggest you have a look at AMD products first.
In certain aspects with the GPU, goin for a 5900 series card will be alot cheaper and more capable in terms of preformance.
Another reason for going AMD rather would mean all your parts (Mobo, GPU, CPU and RAM) would be considerably cheaper then that of Intel's choices.

If I had it my way:
CPU: Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz (Plenty of potential for overclocking)
GPU: Asus HD 5970 or 5990
RAM: 2x2Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
PSU: Corsair HX850W

those main components will surely beef up performance in certain aspects and will save you some extra cash on the side.
Either way you go you are sure to enjoy the experience :D

dlogfx

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
yoyo
Intel's I7 is definately the fastest preforming desktop CPU, but it is also very expensive, along with the mobo and the graphics card, those 3 components will set u back a hellofalot already.
If you are willing to spend the money then u will have a monster machine, but I suggest you have a look at AMD products first.
In certain aspects with the GPU, goin for a 5900 series card will be alot cheaper and more capable in terms of preformance.
Another reason for going AMD rather would mean all your parts (Mobo, GPU, CPU and RAM) would be considerably cheaper then that of Intel's choices.

If I had it my way:
CPU: Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz (Plenty of potential for overclocking)
GPU: Asus HD 5970 or 5990
RAM: 2x2Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
PSU: Corsair HX850W

those main components will surely beef up performance in certain aspects and will save you some extra cash on the side.
Either way you go you are sure to enjoy the experience :D
ok ok.. So I guess I could save some major bucks by using comparable components. So you don’t think it’s worth it to go Intel? I really don’t mind sending the cash if it will result in better performance.

G

If its majority purpose is a gaming PC then I would suggest AMD products instead of Intel. You would get alot more bang for your buck and I doubt their will be any performance problems. If you wanna go retarded on this machinefor gaming then your best best would be the dual GPU ASUS HD5990 (faster then any card released by Nvidia), along with the AMD CPU i mentioned earlier. the CPU is quad core, a bit slower then Intel's I7, but getting the I7 would be a bit overkill as you wont need all that power and therefore waste your money

duk3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I would do an i5 750 build.
Basically the same performance as the i7 920 at a lower price (only a bit higher than an AMD 965 build).
The 5990 doesn't exist. You can however get the asus overclocked 5970 which is basically the 5990.