Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is it necessary to return H67 mobo?

Last response: in Motherboards
March 29, 2011 5:01:28 PM

Hey all, I built a gaming rig back in January with the Intel H67 chipset mobo and it looks like I can replace it now if I want to. I'd like to know if this is necessary to replace the mobo because it seems that 2 of the sata ports are working and I only have a HD and my CD drive hooked up to the SATA ports. The only reason Im askign is because I dont want to have to take apart and rebuild my computer again, don't want to wait 2 weeks for the new mobo and don't want to buy a new copy of Windows 7 (or do I have to). Thanks for the help. :) 

More about : return h67 mobo

a c 717 V Motherboard
March 29, 2011 5:15:02 PM

If you use/have (2) Intel SATA3 {6Gb/s} or (2) Marvell SATA3 then use only those ports. Otherwise, you can arrange an 'Exchange' where the new/replacement MOBO is sent to you, you might have to buy it, and then return/refund the old MOBO.

Q - What H67 MOBO do you have?
m
l
March 29, 2011 5:22:37 PM

jaquith said:
If you use/have (2) Intel SATA3 {6Gb/s} or (2) Marvell SATA3 then use only those ports. Otherwise, you can arrange an 'Exchange' where the new/replacement MOBO is sent to you, you might have to buy it, and then return/refund the old MOBO.

Q - What H67 MOBO do you have?

I have the intell LGA 1155 mobo I believe. And yes it does have 2 SATA3 ports right now and those are the two I'm using (though I have an external SATA port hooked up to one of the faulty ones but I don't plan on using that)
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 717 V Motherboard
March 29, 2011 5:30:59 PM

Then it's optional for you, ONLY the Intel SATA2 {3Gb/s} are affected ALL others are not; that's the ONLY bug. Everything else is solid.
March 29, 2011 5:37:36 PM

Best answer selected by gretch247.
m
l
March 29, 2011 5:39:24 PM

thanks so much
m
l
!