TRL: Sad news. And so the cycle begins anew...

http://64.226.59.87/news/2005071801/

Sniff, sniff.

I was wrong. I apologise to those people at whome I scoffed, yes, scoffed!
saying it would be released before Christmas. Now I'm going to go and have a
little cry.

*sigh*
*gentle sobbing*
*sigh*

All this smells suspiciously like what Eidos were doing with AoD (although
that was a more complex issue...I hope).

PS., does anyone else notice how Lara's left shin looks kinda green-bruised
the News Channel? I'm not sure if it's dirt, or someone got a bit carried
away in Photoshop...but yeah. Weirdness!

"Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
> http://64.226.59.87/news/2005071801/
>
> Sniff, sniff.
>
> I was wrong. I apologise to those people at whome I scoffed, yes,
> scoffed! saying it would be released before Christmas. Now I'm going
> to go and have a little cry.
>
> *sigh*
> *gentle sobbing*
> *sigh*
>
> All this smells suspiciously like what Eidos were doing with AoD
> (although that was a more complex issue...I hope).
>
> PS., does anyone else notice how Lara's left shin looks kinda
> green-bruised the News Channel? I'm not sure if it's dirt, or someone
> got a bit carried away in Photoshop...but yeah. Weirdness!

She got dirty. Toby said she could!
McG.

"Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
> http://64.226.59.87/news/2005071801/
>
> Sniff, sniff.
>
> I was wrong. I apologise to those people at whome I scoffed, yes, scoffed!
> saying it would be released before Christmas. Now I'm going to go and have
> a little cry.
>
> *sigh*
> *gentle sobbing*
> *sigh*
>
> All this smells suspiciously like what Eidos were doing with AoD (although
> that was a more complex issue...I hope).
>
> PS., does anyone else notice how Lara's left shin looks kinda
> green-bruised the News Channel? I'm not sure if it's dirt, or someone got
> a bit carried away in Photoshop...but yeah. Weirdness!

All I can say is that EIDOS had better watch out, or they are going to trip
and land in an ashcan!! Some people are going to lose patience with their
delays, and find another game series to play! I'm getting tired of being
played like a bull with a ring through it's nose, being led by the chain
fastened to the ring.

Inu-Yasha
Feh!!

"Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
>> http://64.226.59.87/news/2005071801/
>>
>> Sniff, sniff.
>>
>> I was wrong. I apologise to those people at whome I scoffed, yes,
>> scoffed! saying it would be released before Christmas. Now I'm going
>> to go and have a little cry.
>>
>> *sigh*
>> *gentle sobbing*
>> *sigh*
>>
>> All this smells suspiciously like what Eidos were doing with AoD
>> (although that was a more complex issue...I hope).
>>
>> PS., does anyone else notice how Lara's left shin looks kinda
>> green-bruised the News Channel? I'm not sure if it's dirt, or
>> someone got a bit carried away in Photoshop...but yeah. Weirdness!
>>
> All I can say is that EIDOS had better watch out, or they are going
> to trip and land in an ashcan!! Some people are going to lose
> patience with their delays, and find another game series to play! I'm
> getting tired of being played like a bull with a ring through
> it's nose, being led by the chain fastened to the ring.
>
> Inu-Yasha
> Feh!!

Oh? Like you wouldn't snatch up Legend at the first opportunity!
Somehow, I can't see you passing up a Lara in Uniform! ;)
McG.

dani

S H I T!
LOL
Thanks anyways,
Dani

> "Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
>>> http://64.226.59.87/news/2005071801/
>>>
>>> Sniff, sniff.
>>>
>>> I was wrong. I apologise to those people at whome I scoffed, yes,
>>> scoffed! saying it would be released before Christmas. Now I'm going
>>> to go and have a little cry.
>>>
>>> *sigh*
>>> *gentle sobbing*
>>> *sigh*
>>>
>>> All this smells suspiciously like what Eidos were doing with AoD
>>> (although that was a more complex issue...I hope).
>>>
>>> PS., does anyone else notice how Lara's left shin looks kinda
>>> green-bruised the News Channel? I'm not sure if it's dirt, or
>>> someone got a bit carried away in Photoshop...but yeah. Weirdness!
>>>
>> All I can say is that EIDOS had better watch out, or they are going
>> to trip and land in an ashcan!! Some people are going to lose
>> patience with their delays, and find another game series to play! I'm
>> getting tired of being played like a bull with a ring through
>> it's nose, being led by the chain fastened to the ring.
>>
>> Inu-Yasha
>> Feh!!
>
> Oh? Like you wouldn't snatch up Legend at the first opportunity!
> Somehow, I can't see you passing up a Lara in Uniform! ;)
> McG.

Well I might not pass up Lara without her kit! ^_^

>> "Inu-Yasha" <tjardine@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message

>>> All I can say is that EIDOS had better watch out, or they are going
>>> to trip and land in an ashcan!! Some people are going to lose
>>> patience with their delays, and find another game series to play!
>>> I'm getting tired of being played like a bull with a ring through
>>> it's nose, being led by the chain fastened to the ring.
>>>
>>> Inu-Yasha
>>> Feh!!
>>
>> Oh? Like you wouldn't snatch up Legend at the first opportunity!
>> Somehow, I can't see you passing up a Lara in Uniform! ;)
>> McG.
>>
> Well I might not pass up Lara without her kit! ^_^
>
> Inu-Yasha
> Feh!!

I hope that belt is removable! ;)

You know...I wonder if the delay has more to do with the PS3 and not
the game.

To wit: The xbox360 is due out around x-mas, and with shipping delay
and bugaboos, folks won't have it up and running until January likely.
So even if TRL was ready, no one could play it, it sits lonely on store
shelves.

Now comes the vaunted PS3..I assume TRL is going to be available on
that platform, and wot a "juicy" title to launch right as the shiny new
PS3 launches Spring06, tying the venerable TR franchise in its new suit
along with the new PS3 and its jigawatts of power.

Now...even if my scenario is not true, this delay *better* mean better
control system for The Divine Ponytail. When AOD came out and I popped
it on a few years back, my then 5 year old said, "Dad, is this is a
dancing game? That lady is like dancing into a wall."

Cinefyl

"cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You know...I wonder if the delay has more to do with the PS3 and not
> the game.
>
> To wit: The xbox360 is due out around x-mas, and with shipping delay
> and bugaboos, folks won't have it up and running until January likely.
> So even if TRL was ready, no one could play it, it sits lonely on store
> shelves.
>
> Now comes the vaunted PS3..I assume TRL is going to be available on
> that platform, and wot a "juicy" title to launch right as the shiny new
> PS3 launches Spring06, tying the venerable TR franchise in its new suit
> along with the new PS3 and its jigawatts of power.
>
> Now...even if my scenario is not true, this delay *better* mean better
> control system for The Divine Ponytail. When AOD came out and I popped
> it on a few years back, my then 5 year old said, "Dad, is this is a
> dancing game? That lady is like dancing into a wall."
>
> Cinefyl

*laughs*...young children truly are the best critics.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'delayed' release date is geared
towards a marketing perspective...it would make sense. Although Spring 06
is a long time to wait....there are, of course, many other games that come
out as staggered releases for each of the platforms. Considering that TR has
always been a Sony Pony, you'd think they'd want to have it on PS3
first...but...I dunno. Or, at least, release it on PS2 for Christmas and
then stagger the Xbox version, before releasing the Xbox360. AFAIA, however,
there is no indication that it will be available in PS3 version.

> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> You know...I wonder if the delay has more to do with the PS3 and not
>> the game.
>>
>> To wit: The xbox360 is due out around x-mas, and with shipping delay
>> and bugaboos, folks won't have it up and running until January
>> likely. So even if TRL was ready, no one could play it, it sits
>> lonely on store shelves.
>>
>> Now comes the vaunted PS3..I assume TRL is going to be available on
>> that platform, and wot a "juicy" title to launch right as the shiny
>> new PS3 launches Spring06, tying the venerable TR franchise in its
>> new suit along with the new PS3 and its jigawatts of power.
>>
>> Now...even if my scenario is not true, this delay *better* mean
>> better control system for The Divine Ponytail. When AOD came out and
>> I popped it on a few years back, my then 5 year old said, "Dad, is
>> this is a dancing game? That lady is like dancing into a wall."
>>
>> Cinefyl
>>

> *laughs*...young children truly are the best critics.
>
> Meanwhile, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'delayed' release date is
> geared towards a marketing perspective...it would make sense. Although
> Spring 06 is a long time to wait....there are, of course,
> many other games that come out as staggered releases for each of the
> platforms. Considering that TR has always been a Sony Pony, you'd
> think they'd want to have it on PS3 first...but...I dunno. Or, at
> least, release it on PS2 for Christmas and then stagger the Xbox
> version, before releasing the Xbox360. AFAIA, however, there is no
> indication that it will be available in PS3 version.

********** P C *********** There IS no console :eek:\
McG.

McG--

excellent points about the console vs. PC debate in the game world. I
do think we may see a day though when the console might achive
domination (or some device like it) since the entertainment and game
folks want to make it super easy to hook up and play.

Some have even suggested that when broadband is everywhere, we all
might have dumb boxes that can simply receive content online.

In the end, I think the choice of a console or a PC for gaming comes
down to comfort level with control system.

cinefyl

> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
>> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You know...I wonder if the delay has more to do with the PS3 and not
>>> the game.
>>>
>>> To wit: The xbox360 is due out around x-mas, and with shipping delay
>>> and bugaboos, folks won't have it up and running until January
>>> likely. So even if TRL was ready, no one could play it, it sits
>>> lonely on store shelves.
>>>
>>> Now comes the vaunted PS3..I assume TRL is going to be available on
>>> that platform, and wot a "juicy" title to launch right as the shiny
>>> new PS3 launches Spring06, tying the venerable TR franchise in its
>>> new suit along with the new PS3 and its jigawatts of power.
>>>
>>> Now...even if my scenario is not true, this delay *better* mean
>>> better control system for The Divine Ponytail. When AOD came out and
>>> I popped it on a few years back, my then 5 year old said, "Dad, is
>>> this is a dancing game? That lady is like dancing into a wall."
>>>
>>> Cinefyl
>>>

>> *laughs*...young children truly are the best critics.
>>
>> Meanwhile, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'delayed' release date is
>> geared towards a marketing perspective...it would make sense. Although
>> Spring 06 is a long time to wait....there are, of course,
>> many other games that come out as staggered releases for each of the
>> platforms. Considering that TR has always been a Sony Pony, you'd
>> think they'd want to have it on PS3 first...but...I dunno. Or, at
>> least, release it on PS2 for Christmas and then stagger the Xbox
>> version, before releasing the Xbox360. AFAIA, however, there is no
>> indication that it will be available in PS3 version.
>
> ********** P C *********** There IS no console :eek:\
> McG.

Hey, consoles are appropriate for some people, McG. Not everyone can afford
an equivalent computer (graphics wise) to a console - certainly with the
specifications of the PS3 and Xbox360!

>> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
>>> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> *laughs*...young children truly are the best critics.
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'delayed' release date is
>>> geared towards a marketing perspective...it would make sense.
>>> Although Spring 06 is a long time to wait....there are, of course,
>>> many other games that come out as staggered releases for each of the
>>> platforms. Considering that TR has always been a Sony Pony, you'd
>>> think they'd want to have it on PS3 first...but...I dunno. Or, at
>>> least, release it on PS2 for Christmas and then stagger the Xbox
>>> version, before releasing the Xbox360. AFAIA, however, there is no
>>> indication that it will be available in PS3 version.
>>
>> ********** P C *********** There IS no console :eek:\
>> McG.
>>
> Hey, consoles are appropriate for some people, McG. Not everyone can
> afford an equivalent computer (graphics wise) to a console -
> certainly with the specifications of the PS3 and Xbox360!

And you are looking at $300 to $400 per for those too, right? IMO,
developing for consoles begets stagnation in the industry. Someday I
*might* knuckle under and get a console, but I seriously doubt it. The
specs for those two brand new consoles will be run over in a year by
PC's OR even before they make it to the stores! And where the abilities
of the PC are increasing, the consoles stagnate until three or four
years (or more) down the line they're replaced by a new gen console.
I'm sure there are people that don't want the fuss of having to game on
a PC. The money end of the topic is moot point to me. Only the
capabilities matter.
McG.

> McG--
>
> excellent points about the console vs. PC debate in the game world. I
> do think we may see a day though when the console might achive
> domination (or some device like it) since the entertainment and game
> folks want to make it super easy to hook up and play.
>
> Some have even suggested that when broadband is everywhere, we all
> might have dumb boxes that can simply receive content online.
>
> In the end, I think the choice of a console or a PC for gaming comes
> down to comfort level with control system.
>
> cinefyl

Half-Life 2 via Steam is the closest I ever want to see of that :()
Perhaps *you all* might have dumb boxes. I won't. I hope there will
always be some games for the pc. I can't stand the consoles. The
entertainment and game folks want to make it super easy to hook up, play
and *control* who pays and who plays.
McG.

> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message
>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Dragoncarer" <notrightnow@oops.haha> wrote in message

>>> ********** P C *********** There IS no console :eek:\
>>> McG.
>>>
>> Hey, consoles are appropriate for some people, McG. Not everyone can
>> afford an equivalent computer (graphics wise) to a console -
>> certainly with the specifications of the PS3 and Xbox360!
>
> And you are looking at $300 to $400 per for those too, right? IMO,
> developing for consoles begets stagnation in the industry. Someday I
> *might* knuckle under and get a console, but I seriously doubt it. The
> specs for those two brand new consoles will be run over in a year by PC's
> OR even before they make it to the stores! And where the abilities of the
> PC are increasing, the consoles stagnate until three or four years (or
> more) down the line they're replaced by a new gen console. I'm sure there
> are people that don't want the fuss of having to game on a PC. The money
> end of the topic is moot point to me. Only the capabilities matter.
> McG.

Yeah, well, that's what I said! Not everyone can afford high-end PC systems,
and to keep upgrading them every so often. For many, a once-off investment
in a console that will last for at least 3 years is the best possible
option. All games that come out during the lifetime of that console will
work on the console - no problems. And the graphics will only get slightly
better. If you buy the equivalent priced components for a PC, new and new
games will only look cruddier and cruddier - you won't get their full
capabilities.

Yes, if price is no matter, then there's really no excuse for getting a
console. Other than many games don't come out on the PC, and as Cinefyl
said, it comes to a matter of control comfortability.

> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> McG--
>>
>> excellent points about the console vs. PC debate in the game world. I
>> do think we may see a day though when the console might achive
>> domination (or some device like it) since the entertainment and game
>> folks want to make it super easy to hook up and play.
>>
>> Some have even suggested that when broadband is everywhere, we all
>> might have dumb boxes that can simply receive content online.
>>
>> In the end, I think the choice of a console or a PC for gaming comes
>> down to comfort level with control system.
>>
>> cinefyl
>
> Half-Life 2 via Steam is the closest I ever want to see of that :()
> Perhaps *you all* might have dumb boxes. I won't. I hope there will
> always be some games for the pc. I can't stand the consoles. The
> entertainment and game folks want to make it super easy to hook up, play
> and *control* who pays and who plays.
> McG.

But there's not difference between that philosophy and PC games. There is
wider choice for the most part in the PC gaming industry...of course 'The
entertainment and game folks want to make it super easy to hook up, play and
*control* who pays and who plays.'. That's the point! Regardless of consoles
or PCs.

"Dragoncarer"
snipp
Only the capabilities matter.
>> McG.
>>

> Yeah, well, that's what I said! Not everyone can afford high-end PC
> systems, and to keep upgrading them every so often. For many, a
> once-off investment in a console that will last for at least 3 years
> is the best possible option. All games that come out during the
> lifetime of that console will work on the console - no problems. And
> the graphics will only get slightly better. If you buy the equivalent
> priced components for a PC, new and new games will only look cruddier
> and cruddier - you won't get their full capabilities.
>
> Yes, if price is no matter, then there's really no excuse for getting
> a console. Other than many games don't come out on the PC, and as
> Cinefyl said, it comes to a matter of control comfortability.

Well if the game doesn't come out for the PC, then it just doesn't exist
:) Like Halo2.
McG.

>> "cinefyl" <cinefyl@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> McG--
>>>
>>> excellent points about the console vs. PC debate in the game
>>> world. I do think we may see a day though when the console might
>>> achive domination (or some device like it) since the entertainment
>>> and game folks want to make it super easy to hook up and play.
>>>
>>> Some have even suggested that when broadband is everywhere, we all
>>> might have dumb boxes that can simply receive content online.
>>>
>>> In the end, I think the choice of a console or a PC for gaming comes
>>> down to comfort level with control system.
>>>
>>> cinefyl
>>
>> Half-Life 2 via Steam is the closest I ever want to see of that :()
>> Perhaps *you all* might have dumb boxes. I won't. I hope there
>> will always be some games for the pc. I can't stand the consoles.
>> The entertainment and game folks want to make it super easy to hook
>> up, play and *control* who pays and who plays.
>> McG.
>
> But there's not difference between that philosophy and PC games.
> There is wider choice for the most part in the PC gaming
> industry...of course 'The entertainment and game folks want to make
> it super easy to hook up, play and *control* who pays and who
> plays.'. That's the point! Regardless of consoles or PCs.

Ok ok... I was really tired when I replied to that. In the end, for me,
the consoles will just never do enough. They will always be just one
more peripheral device to me. But one that I can do without. I
personally don't need a stand alone game box. There could come a time
where I might need one, as I would not be *able* to manage a complete
computer system. Money wouldn't be the object; what's left me of
physical and mental abilities by Old Age would be :)
In the meantime, let's enjoy whatever it is that we DO with our systems.
Be it PC or console :)
McG.

Dragoncarer wrote:
>>********** P C *********** There IS no console :eek:\
>>McG.
>>

> Hey, consoles are appropriate for some people, McG. Not everyone can afford
> an equivalent computer (graphics wise) to a console - certainly with the
> specifications of the PS3 and Xbox360!

equivalent? How much is a computer with nothing in it except of slow
CPU and sort of fast GPU that can do about 400x300? Oh, and the CD/DVD
drive!

(what resolution are xbox games? It claims 1920x1080 resolution but
it doesn't seem realistic because of memory requirements (frame buffer
plus high resolution textures) plus TVs can't do that kind of resolution)

there's no PS3 or Xbox360 so it's kinda hard to compare. By the time
they are out computers are going to be cheaper...

erik

cinefyl wrote:
> McG--
>
> excellent points about the console vs. PC debate in the game world. I
> do think we may see a day though when the console might achive
> domination (or some device like it) since the entertainment and game
> folks want to make it super easy to hook up and play.
>
> Some have even suggested that when broadband is everywhere, we all
> might have dumb boxes that can simply receive content online.
>
> In the end, I think the choice of a console or a PC for gaming comes
> down to comfort level with control system.

dumb boxes? consoles are not dumber than PCs (e.g. xbox is
essentailly a PC), they are just more specialized. If anything with the
HW prices going down the consoles are going to be more and more like
computers and once TVs go HDTV and have high enough resolution to read
text there will be a lot more varied software available for consoles
(i.e. computers in cases that are acceptable for a living room) -
there's no reason not to have browser and email clients, tivo style
recorders and home video editing is coming right after that. And media -
photos, mp3s etc. And it will go on and on...

and that's not future - you can ssh into your tivo right now. Or
install linux on PS. Or even, believe it or not, play games on your
PC:) It's all the same.

erik

"Erik Steffl" <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Dragoncarer wrote:
>> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> ********** P C *********** There IS no console :eek:\
>>> McG.
>>>

>> Hey, consoles are appropriate for some people, McG. Not everyone can
>> afford an equivalent computer (graphics wise) to a console -
>> certainly with the specifications of the PS3 and Xbox360!
>
> equivalent? How much is a computer with nothing in it except of slow
> CPU and sort of fast GPU that can do about 400x300? Oh, and the CD/DVD
> drive!
>
> (what resolution are xbox games? It claims 1920x1080 resolution but
> it doesn't seem realistic because of memory requirements (frame buffer
> plus high resolution textures) plus TVs can't do that kind of
> resolution)
> there's no PS3 or Xbox360 so it's kinda hard to compare. By the time
> they are out computers are going to be cheaper...
>
> erik

And even more powerful than now.
McG.

> cinefyl wrote:
>> McG--
>>
>> excellent points about the console vs. PC debate in the game world. I
>> do think we may see a day though when the console might achive
>> domination (or some device like it) since the entertainment and game
>> folks want to make it super easy to hook up and play.
>>
>> Some have even suggested that when broadband is everywhere, we all
>> might have dumb boxes that can simply receive content online.
>>
>> In the end, I think the choice of a console or a PC for gaming comes
>> down to comfort level with control system.
>
> dumb boxes? consoles are not dumber than PCs (e.g. xbox is essentailly a
> PC), they are just more specialized. If anything with the HW prices going
> down the consoles are going to be more and more like computers and once
> TVs go HDTV and have high enough resolution to read text there will be a
> lot more varied software available for consoles (i.e. computers in cases
> that are acceptable for a living room) - there's no reason not to have
> browser and email clients, tivo style recorders and home video editing is
> coming right after that. And media - photos, mp3s etc. And it will go on
> and on...
>
> and that's not future - you can ssh into your tivo right now. Or install
> linux on PS. Or even, believe it or not, play games on your PC:) It's all
> the same.
>
> erik

Yeah, but TVs capable of equivalent high resolutions (I have a 22 inch
monitor and play most games at 1600x1200 or 1280x1024 with my 9600XT. That
will continue will *all* games when I have my 6800GT ;) ) are unbelievably
expensive. I just bought a huge flatscreen normal tv, standard digital
set-top box and 5.1 surround sound sys, well several months ago, and i'm not
about to fork over SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS for a Plasma/ LCD/ HDTV.
It's all very well to say the 'next gen' consoles will be HDTV equivalent
resolution/ capable....but that only matters if one has the equivalent
hardware. I imagine most people don't.
The amount of money required to have a top-quality 'home theatre' system is
far too much. A HDTV, a HD set top box, a 5.1 (or, nowadays, 7.1+) sound
system....you could easily buy at least 4 computers with dual cores, 70GBs
of ram 4TB hard disk space......(can anyone spot the exagerration?)

So...to get similar quality as a PC from a console, one needs to invest in
expensive, large pieces of hardware. In the end, it will work out cheaper to
buy a top-end PC than a new console, TV, and surround sound system if you
don't already have one.

That's my view.

Lime Jelly wrote:
> McGrandpa wrote:
>> Erik makes a good point in that the consoles really are a specialized
>> niche PC. To which, that niche is broadening in scope of features.
>> Browsing, email, movie editing/recording, loading a PC
>> opsys/applications, versus just playing games. I'd still much rather
>> have my clunky looking crate full of little bits and wires. The
>> results on the screen and out the speakers is impressive as hell to
>> me! :eek:)
>> Yeah, it's all good. For us, the consumer, it's become a Win/Win
>> situation since 20 years ago!
>> McG.
>>
> I can't help myself - maybe it'll become a Win/Linux situation over the
> next 10 years?

linux/linux! why stop half-way?

> Lime Jelly wrote:
>> McGrandpa wrote:
>>> Erik makes a good point in that the consoles really are a
>>> specialized niche PC. To which, that niche is broadening in scope
>>> of features. Browsing, email, movie editing/recording, loading a PC
>>> opsys/applications, versus just playing games. I'd still much
>>> rather have my clunky looking crate full of little bits and wires.
>>> The results on the screen and out the speakers is impressive as
>>> hell to me! :eek:)
>>> Yeah, it's all good. For us, the consumer, it's become a Win/Win
>>> situation since 20 years ago!
>>> McG.
>>>
>> I can't help myself - maybe it'll become a Win/Linux situation over
>> the next 10 years?
>
> linux/linux! why stop half-way?
>
> erik

Simple, it just isn't all that :) The Gimp is not that bad in its most
recent incarnation I've seen in Redhat 9 and Mandrake 10, but on a scale
of 1 to 10 Paint Shop Pro rates a 10 for me and Gimp a 5. If there
were a native port of PSP9 to Linux, I wouldn't be using OE right now.
McG.

McGrandpa wrote:
> "Erik Steffl" <steffl@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>>Lime Jelly wrote:
>>>I can't help myself - maybe it'll become a Win/Linux situation over
>>>the next 10 years?
>>
>> linux/linux! why stop half-way?
>
> Simple, it just isn't all that :) The Gimp is not that bad in its most
> recent incarnation I've seen in Redhat 9 and Mandrake 10, but on a scale
> of 1 to 10 Paint Shop Pro rates a 10 for me and Gimp a 5. If there
> were a native port of PSP9 to Linux, I wouldn't be using OE right now.

it says in next ten years :) I agree that as of now it's not a
complete replacement, lots of apps are windows only with no (good)
equivalent on linux (or other altrrnative OSs).

erik