7750 BE hidden cores?

123whitelaw

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
I have an AMD 7750 BE on an ASrock N68C-S UCC and ive read that the 7750 BE has 2 hidden cores that can be activated but can i do it on this mobo? The mobo has a UCC function (unlock cpu core) but when i turn it on the cpu is still a dual core. The bios has been flashed.

any help much appreciated

It should at least try. Read your manual a bit more or link me to your motherboard on their website so I can take a look.

Also remember about what dokk2 said. Even if they unlock, they might not be stable. AMD sells quad cores with defective cores as dual cores. Sometimes they sell perfectly fine quad cores as dual cores in order to keep up with market demand.
If quad doesn't work, you could also try unlocking only one core.

Well, then one or both of the extra cores could be bad. There are a couple things you could try:

Below what you enabled it says "cpu active core control". Try setting this to 3 cores rather than 4. If that doesn't work, switch which of the disabled cores you enable, if that feature is present.

You could also try enabling all 4 cores but lowering the clockspeed to maybe 2.0-2.4GHz and/or increasing the voltage to try to get it stable.