Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Play gta 4 without lagging.

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Lag
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 22, 2010 4:38:50 PM

Hello,
Is there any way to play gta4 without lagging.

My cpu specs are
intel core 2 duo e6300 1.86ghz
intel 965ry motherboard
2 gb ddr2 ram
nvidia 9400 gt 1gb
gta 4 even lags at low settings sometimes. and at medium it is unplayable.
i want to play it without lagging

i want to buy a new pc with intel i7 860 2.8ghz and asus maximus iii formula with 2 gb ddr3 ram

my question is that with which nvidia card can i play gta 4 without lagging if i upgrade my pc to i7 860.

and also if i dont upgrade then which nvidia card do i need.

my budget for the graphics card is below Rs.5000, indian rupees. that is about 150 dollars.

More about : play gta lagging

a c 190 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 22, 2010 4:47:33 PM

Nope...
You will be VERY LAGGING with your current setup, believe me... :) 

E6300 1.8 GHz
(2x1) GB ddr2 RAM
GA 965P DS3
HIS HD4850
SilverStone ST-50F 500W
LG L1752S 17" Monitor.

GTA 4 is just like a slide show... :p 


You must have at least Quad Core to play that game.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
May 22, 2010 5:06:04 PM

instead get a phenom ii 955, a 790xEVO and you'll save enough for 4gb ram and a better graphics card
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 22, 2010 8:21:00 PM

You would need to replace both your card and your CPU to play that game acceptably. GTAIV is one of the most processor intensive games around.
A Phenom/Athlon II x4 would be your best value for the money. If you want to stick with Intel then an i5-750 is generally the best value for the money. These options should give you more money for a better card and more ram. What cards you should be looking at depends on the resolution of your monitor so tell us that.
m
0
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 22, 2010 8:24:33 PM

wa1 said:
You must have at least Quad Core to play that game.
Not really but you'll want a dual core at least over 3ghz.
m
0
l
May 22, 2010 9:47:32 PM

wa1 said:
Nope...
You will be VERY LAGGING with your current setup, believe me... :) 

E6300 1.8 GHz
(2x1) GB ddr2 RAM
GA 965P DS3
HIS HD4850
SilverStone ST-50F 500W
LG L1752S 17" Monitor.

GTA 4 is just like a slide show... :p 


You must have at least Quad Core to play that game.

You can play it with a dual core, I burn right through that game with a am2 6000 @ 3,00 ghz and 2 8800 gtx's.
m
0
l

Best solution

May 22, 2010 10:07:19 PM

ruffandruff said:
Hello,
Is there any way to play gta4 without lagging.

i want to buy a new pc with intel i7 860 2.8ghz and asus maximus iii formula with 2 gb ddr3 ram

my question is that with which nvidia card can i play gta 4 without lagging if i upgrade my pc to i7 860.

and also if i dont upgrade then which nvidia card do i need.

my budget for the graphics card is below Rs.5000, indian rupees. that is about 150 dollars.


Hello ruffandruff
where are you from,i am from Kerala,india.Nice to see you.

My pc was just an old one and now under 35k i have a very good configuration just enough for gaming:

AMD phenom 955 3.2ghz,(going to buy a new gpu)
2/4gb of ddr3,
Asus M4A785TD V EVO mobo.

For graphics under 5000 INR you will get a 9600gt at the best.
There are higher graphics options you can try out.The intel i7 processor along with a supporting motherboard will cost you much more than this phenom black edition.Also you will be able to spend that saved up money on a better graphics card.

Here you will get a HD5770 at ~9.7K,HD5850 at ~17k.If you are looking for the geforce there are the GTX260,GTX285etc.

Supposing that you are using the pc for gaming the most important component becomes your graphics card.
And for high end graphics cards only you need very strong cpus.
The mobo and 4gs of ddr3 ram costs near 12k.The processor costs near 8k.So spend more on the gpu wisely.
Considering little more money you can go for 6 cores but they won't provide a difference in any of today's games.
Also black editions can push your cpu to higher speeds of intel processors.

Good Luck with the nice pc.



Share
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 22, 2010 10:30:11 PM

GTA4 is a beast. It really needs a good CPU and GPU combination. You also need to look at what resolution you're playing at.

I used to play with a Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz and a GTX 260.

Going to an i5-750 @ 4Ghz and GTX 260 SLI setup made a world of a difference.

The game is fairly CPU intensive. Quad Core CPUs do indeed seem to perform better, but high clock speed definitely helps. I'd totally agree with going Phenom II X4 955 or Intel i5-750 as your CPU choices. 4GB of RAM for sure, and an ATI 5770 or GTX 260 as a starting point for GPUs.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
May 22, 2010 10:32:51 PM

inspector71 said:
You can play it with a dual core, I burn right through that game with a am2 6000 @ 3,00 ghz and 2 8800 gtx's.


Your SLI setup probably helps you a bunch. The Athlon 6000 surprises me. What are your game settings at? :)  And how many FPS do you effectively get, at what resolution?
m
0
l
May 23, 2010 2:18:17 AM

jerreece said:
GTA4 is a beast. It really needs a good CPU and GPU combination. You also need to look at what resolution you're playing at.

I used to play with a Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz and a GTX 260.

Going to an i5-750 @ 4Ghz and GTX 260 SLI setup made a world of a difference.

The game is fairly CPU intensive. Quad Core CPUs do indeed seem to perform better, but high clock speed definitely helps. I'd totally agree with going Phenom II X4 955 or Intel i5-750 as your CPU choices. 4GB of RAM for sure, and an ATI 5770 or GTX 260 as a starting point for GPUs.


thanks
m
0
l
May 23, 2010 2:18:20 AM

rajiv1990 said:
Hello ruffandruff
where are you from,i am from Kerala,india.Nice to see you.

My pc was just an old one and now under 35k i have a very good configuration just enough for gaming:

AMD phenom 955 3.2ghz,(going to buy a new gpu)
2/4gb of ddr3,
Asus M4A785TD V EVO mobo.

For graphics under 5000 INR you will get a 9600gt at the best.
There are higher graphics options you can try out.The intel i7 processor along with a supporting motherboard will cost you much more than this phenom black edition.Also you will be able to spend that saved up money on a better graphics card.

Here you will get a HD5770 at ~9.7K,HD5850 at ~17k.If you are looking for the geforce there are the GTX260,GTX285etc.

Supposing that you are using the pc for gaming the most important component becomes your graphics card.
And for high end graphics cards only you need very strong cpus.
The mobo and 4gs of ddr3 ram costs near 12k.The processor costs near 8k.So spend more on the gpu wisely.
Considering little more money you can go for 6 cores but they won't provide a difference in any of today's games.
Also black editions can push your cpu to higher speeds of intel processors.

Good Luck with the nice pc.



Hi Rajiv, I am from Andhra Pradesh.

what does 35k mean, is it 35 thousand
m
0
l
May 23, 2010 4:17:35 AM

I didn't used to think it was possible until I got a new video card.

I'm currently running 1920x1080 with everything on max. View distance etc at 100. Frames are 30+ which is playable.

Phenom II x4 955 @3.7ghz
GTX 470 stock
2x2 ddr3 1333mhz
m
0
l
May 23, 2010 4:49:58 AM

35k is 35,000
m
0
l
May 24, 2010 2:18:45 AM

Best answer selected by ruffandruff.
m
0
l
!