Is this system capable of running Crysis on Low?

eilif

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
Will this system run Crysis Demo on Low, with the lowest resolution?

Pentium 4 3.06 GHz
1,75 GB of RAM
HD 3650 1 GB
Windows XP SP2

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The lower the resolution, the fewer the pixels being pumped, the better the performance for any game in terms of frame rates, however.....

How happy are you going to be trying to cram a modern game like Crysis onto this system? Your user experience and satisfaction are sure to be very low.

Will it work? Yes. Will it work well? No, not on the system you are asking about. Your CPU and system memory will be huge bottlenecks and the GPU is underwhelming for the task as well. At best, run at the lowest settings and see how well it performs (at the monitor's native resolution).

Good luck!

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Once again, your machine may run these games at their lowest settings, but not well. The stronger CPU will help, but only marginally. You simply don't have the CPU/GPU/memory horsepower to power these demanding titles.

BTW, your message signature indicates you have a Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93GHz, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM, 750GB system. It would do okay as long as you have a good GPU.

eilif

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
The i3 system runs Crysis Demo on Very high with shadows to low and shaders to medium at 1024x768 with 25 FPS.. I have thought of upgrading the GPU, but my PSU is only 300 W.... :(

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What GPU do you have in your i3 based system? If you are using what is on the mobo, you can certainly improve with several ATI and Nvidia based solutions that will work with your current PSU. There is also the matter of budget, how much do you want to spend to increase your performance capability?

eilif

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
i use the Radeon HD 5450 1 GB wich is meant for HD video playback... But the card combined with the i3's integrated card, gives me a total of 4,4 GB of Video memory, or atleast so it says in the Catalyst control panel. :p And if i get a new GPU, i have a budget of about 100 bucks :lol:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Um, I think you are reading that wrong. The 5450 isn't using the on-board GPU unless you have another Crossfire compatible GPU built into the mobo (not very likely). You are seeing shared memory that could be allocated to your GPU if the system needed additional memory for graphics functions.

You could bump up to a 5670 like this one and stay in your budget while increasing performance:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121368

freezed1

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Hmmmm, dude you say you have a GPU budget of 100.00$; that is seriously a lot of money, trying finding a used GPU on ebay or craigslist. You are bound to find 9800gtx.....8800gt......9800gt.....4870 under 100 dollars. i bought a sapphire 4870 for a pal for about 70.00$. GL dude.