Dust filter screen

Tartay745

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
I just bought a coolermaster haf 922 and realized there is a large grill on the side of the case where dust can easily get in. I don't plan on putting a fan there for now so I don't need a fan dust filter but a piece of cloth that I can cut to shape that will allow air flow but also filter dust. Anyone know of such a product?

I was actually thinking maybe the foam pad that came in my mobo box might work but I'm not sure how great the air flow would be.

banthracis

Distinguished
Yes, it's called random piece of cloth + tape. Old T-shirts work as well!

On a serious note, those scrubbing part of sponges (not the yellow water absorbing part, the green scrubbing part) is actually very good as a filter.

Tartay745

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

sounds like that website article says foam is the best in terms of filtering and air flow but hard to fin at stores. I'm guessing the foam that my mobo is sitting on is the same material and propably would work well. Thanksfor the suggestions. Plus, since it's black it'll blend in the best.

buddy_40

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009

DEMCiflex Magnetic Fan Dust Filters CM HAF922 & CM690 I use these in my case's they can be found
@ FROZENCPU.com and Performance-PCs.com there all that I use and now there black and you can
see when they need to be cleaned hope this help's