Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Wiping Vista, Install new Win7 and Vid Card

Last response: in Systems
June 30, 2010 5:23:52 PM

I have a very quick question and just need an opinion on where to start. I am receiving my new Video card and Windows 7 package today but I need to know what to install first... Now I want to install the card first to see if all is well but when I wipe vista off to install Win7 it will not effect anything right? Or install Win7 then install the card? I dont really think it makes much difference and I'm probably over thinking things. Also Another quick question but to just wipe vista I reboot the system but go into the BIOS and make it boot from the CD so when it starts Win7 install it can overwrite vista in a sense? Sorry if this seems a tad jumbled and if it is the wrong section but it was the only one that might match this issue. Thanks in advance!

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
June 30, 2010 5:34:25 PM

Do a fresh install of Win7, then install the card drivers, Windows will function for install even without drivers installed. Download Catalyst Control Center from the AMD/ATI wesbsite and everything will be fine.

Yes you are probably overthinking it, but thats not always bad.
June 30, 2010 5:43:44 PM

Ah thanks. It's hard not to over think when you've just spent 350$ on two things xD. Thanks again!
m
l
June 30, 2010 5:43:58 PM

Best answer selected by Lren.
m
l
!