Question about RAM and Motherboard

Onlinefck

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Dear Community

I'll be asking some noob question and hope you'll guide me and if there is/are threads with same question please inform me, so that i'm won't be posting same questions over and over again.

Question:
I would like to ask, Is it a must to have a ram with Qualified Vendors Lists stated on the motherboard to perform maximum Mhz?
Because I got A-data Ram 2X2G DDR3 2000X but my Asus board M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 Ram list doesn't have my Ram Module

i hope to find some solution since i'll be changing to Intel later on and i want some perfect RAM with Perfect price which fits the Motherboard.

Best regards
Onlinefck

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Many of us use RAM that is not listed on the manufacturers QVL. No manufacturer can reasonably test every kind of RAM there is. Rarely does a non-QVL RAM cause a problem with a board. BUT, it does happen from time to time.
Is one of these the RAM you have? Any of them should work fine, but no promises.
Just remember, your M4A88TD is going to downclock it to 1333 automatically. You'll need to set the speed in BIOS yourself if you want 2000.

TRENDING THREADS