Sign in with
Your question

VCR to PC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 23, 2010 2:22:24 AM

HI,

I wish to transfer old VCR tapes to my HDD then to DVD.

My motherboard is an ASUS P5GC-MX with an PCI Express x16 slot.

Please advise what ASUS (reasonable cost ~ $70) video in card would be suitable for this task.

Or would it be easier to buy a DVD recorder to connect to the VCR?

Chilla

More about : vcr

a b Ĉ ASUS
May 29, 2010 9:37:52 PM

I did this (transfer VCR tapes to DVD) using an external capture device. Here is the link: http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr1950.htm...

I preferred the external device because I can move it from computer to computer. If you don't need that flexibility, then you can go with an internal card.

You can always utilize the DVD burner in your computer to create the DVDs after you capture the video from the VCR by using a capture card/device. The capture and transfer process is quite time consuming.
m
l
Related resources
June 6, 2010 3:22:28 AM

Hi,
You said:

I preferred the external device because I can move it from computer to computer. If you don't need that flexibility, then you can go with an internal card.

Thanks for reply, the problem is that I failed to state that I live in Australia with PAL standard.

Will search around for similar product with PAL.

Thanks,
Chilla
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
June 6, 2010 1:07:18 PM

I suggest that you edit the video captured from the VCR before you burn it to DVDs.
m
l
June 16, 2010 12:40:25 AM

Ubrales said:
I suggest that you edit the video captured from the VCR before you burn it to DVDs.

Hi, Yes that makes sense.

Chilla
m
l
June 24, 2010 6:21:36 AM

Hi jyjjy,

Thanks for the link.

As they are in Canada and I'm in Australia, I'm sorry it does not suit me.

Regards,

Chilla
m
l
!