Status
Not open for further replies.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
The winner of the CPU is PortableZoo.

UPDATE: Winner has contacted me!

Anyways, congrats and look for more future giveaways. - Annisman

Gonna keep this giveaway short and sweet.

I wanted to do this over at Anandtech, but the mods shut me down for some reason or another.

Anyways, I am giving away an E8400 CPU, the clock speed is 3.0 Ghz, when I used to use it I had it OC'd up to 3.8Ghz.

All you have to do to enter is POST IN THIS THREAD

Tell me WHY YOU WANT THE CPU

and WHAT COMPUTER IT WILL GO IN (tell me the specs.)

Are you throwing it in your computer ? Your parents ? Your friend's ? Will it go in a new build ?

That's all you need to do to enter.

I Will pay the shipping for the CPU, but I will only ship to the USA and CANADA

Contest will go for a few days. Good luck. - Annisman :hello:

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
Go for it, you mods here are great. (honestly I mean it) Anand gave me the company line about giveaways, whatever.

Oh and to answer you, probably 3 or 4 days, unless I get like 20 or more people entering, then I will cut it a day short.

Thanks mouse.

Edit: great chip huh ? If all we 'needed' still were dual cores, I woulds till be rocking it today.

evolucion888

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
I'd put it in my syster's computer, she need it more than I do (I have an overclocked Q9650 @ 3.82GHz). She has a Pentium Dual Core E2160 with only 512KB of L2 cache in each core and is giving her bottlenecks in games like Mafia 2, Borderlands, Resident Evil 5 and Need for Speed Shift, also her flash games like Farmville runs sluggish, and her system responsiveness overall is lacking, sometimes she ask me why and I say, well, you might have a Dual Core, but it has a very low amount of cache and low clockspeeds and she put a face like (She has Vista)

I gave her as a gift one of my HD 4870 1GB cards and wasn't a big of an upgrade compared to the HD 3870 that she replaced. She doesn't have a job and if I win the processor, I will give it to her as a birthday's gift along with another gift that I have for her, her birthday is around the corner,

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
I think it's cool that your sis is a gamer, she plays Mafia 2 ? Nice. My parents have a E2160, it's a nice chip....for surfing the internet lol. I have theirs OC'd to 2.4Ghz though, 1.8 Ghz is way too slow, even for an internet box. Well good luck evo.

cheezeit

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
Hey Annisman, thanks for letting me know you moved the thread over here!

I'd want to use the chip for this rig:
http://i512.photobucket.com/albums/t324/cheezeitnerd/IMG_2460.jpg
You can actually see how I was the modding the rig here, if you're into modding:
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=155984

It's a custom modded water cooled rig that I did a couple years ago and am trying to put back together for my parents and bro before I head off to college. Currently, it has all the potential to get a very nice OC: Abit IP35 Pro mobo, Buffalo Firestix ram, Corsair 520 HX, and all the water cooling gear on a big 3x120 radiator that held temps at ~33C when I had the rig together. The parts are just sitting there, but I lack a nice CPU to get this good old boy running and overclocked again.

I'd slap this chip in, break your 3.8 OC ;) , add 2 gigs of ram, and breathe some life into the rig. I think it'd be a nice personalized going away gift for my folks after all they've done for me.

daship

Distinguished
If I win I will put it in my sons computer. He is 10, and disabled, his only communication is via computers. The school only has macs, so in order for me to use their software I need a Mac. I have built several Hack/Macs before, but right now money is tight because my Van blew up. I really really need to get him a computer running, and I do have a motherboard, and 4G ram. A free CPU would be a great help.

evolucion888

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008

Yeah, it chokes when she has more than 4 tabbed windows when using Firefox, she likes videogames and currently is playing Borderlands :p and my brother in law who uses her PC is playing Need for Speed Shift. She's not able to play Mafia 2 because its barely playable, it has many slow downs quite often. It even run faster on my girlfriend's PC which has an Athlon II X4 635 and a Radeon HD 3870. (While my sister has an HD 4870 1GB)

I'd love to have it to go in my Security Surveillance machine its running an MSI 775 M/B w 4G of system memory, that system is presently running with a Q9550 way overkill for the needs, I'd use the Q9550 to build the wife a machine.

However it appears there are others here like daship with a greater need so I'll back out, nice of you to do this for someone!

Have a great day man!

shovenose

Distinguished
hi!
well i have been meaning to build a 775 copmuter, seeing that i have all the parts already...except the cpu.
specs:
intel mobo
2gb ram
sata dvdrw
300w psu
asus case
geforce 6800 ultra 512mb pci-e

this pc wouild be either my 2nd main pc or i would use it as my main pc and ditch the other one that i currently have as my main pc.

thanks for the oppurtunity.
shovenose

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

No, don't back out man, giveaway is going to be totally random, so it's not like I'm gonna sort through who needs it the most, you shouldn't either. Fair for everyone.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007

Sounds like a solid plan, if you don't win, would you be interested in a spare E2160 I have lying around ? It's not a great chip, but it would at least let you finish your build.

Well in that case, leave me in the running!

shovenose

Distinguished

man that would be awesome! would it be a giveaway or a $$$? woot!

amirp

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Hi it is so good that you are doing this contest! thanks bro
i will put it in a computer that I have lying around with no cpu in it!

it used to have a q6600 but i took it out and built a new pc

the specs are
4gb ddr2 667 ram, an 8600 gt, and a g33 motherboard - it was originally an acer OEM computer with a q6600.
ill probably give the pc to my parents because they deserve it, or my little bro because his computer sucks lol

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
I'm planning on doing a copper themed scratch build (case) and I'm missing a CPU. I've got a P4 3.0GHz 775 which I'm not sure if it works or not. I would probably be putting this in by main build and putting the E7400 in the scratch.

My build:
-Core 2 E7400
-DFI LanParty-LT X48
-Corsair Domminator DDR2 1066
-HIS Radeon HD4830
-Seagate 7200.12 500GB

Problem is I'm in Australia. Any chance you can post here? I could chuck you a few buck via paypal if you wanted...

Thanks.

dauthus

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
-Gigabyte p35-DS3L
-Intel e4500 OC'd to 2.75 ghz
-4 gig OCZ reaper ddr2 (The heatsinks just look so cool)
-500 gig WD Caviar Black
-8800gt (my new MSI gtx 460 1 gig should be arriving tuesday!)

---This is why you should send me the e8400---

I have my BA in law, MA in math education, 3 years work experience as a lowly substitute (helping special education high school students and making junk pay), and can't get a teaching job for the life of me. The market is RIDICULOUSLY flooded on Long Island. Not only that, I can't get a job in ANY field here. I can do matrix calculus (yes it's a real topic), yet I can't get a job that pays even $12/hour.

I'm almost 26 and still live in my parent's attic. I've spent every dime on school (grad school was a fortune and I paid out of pocket). In order to pay rent, I've had to basically become my parent's butler. I'm not allowed to bring girls back to the house either, even though my luck with the ladies has been abysmal lately.

I just want the processor to unleash the potential of my new gtx 460 (the e4500 is showing it's age). I'd much rather be asking for a teaching job or girlfriend, but the processor would more than make my day. I need to have 60fps in WoW to continue to stay top DPS in my guild too. So yeah, I'm not asking for it to do folding@home or some noble cause, just selfish endeavors.

Wow Annisman, you're a very generous person! I personally won't enter mainly because my Core i7 930 is more than enough for my needs. Good luck to those who are entering though!

Dathus, at least you're being honest! ;)

DJ7, the component letting you down in gaming is definitely the graphics card. Maybe for some more intensive games adding some more DDR2 RAM would help too. :)

hiddengamer775

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
I want it because at the moment I don't have a computer. My family has one in the living room, however family is always using it. I don't have a computer because mine took a crap shot on me, I have no idea whatsoever what happened, all I know is it won't work. It would go into a custom build.

Specs
Case- Don't know which model or brand, but will be a full tower.
HDD- 180-250GB SATA
Motherboard- No Idea
Graphics Card- No Idea
Processor- I guess you'll decide on that one. LOL

The reason I have no idea on a few of these is because I haven't talked out everything with a guy that is helping me it.

Thanks for the opportunity, it helps out a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS