Sign in with
Your question

Limited or no connectivity

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 8, 2010 1:44:56 AM

i have a wireless router that two computers work from. one works fine. the other one is getting a limited or no connectivity message and won't connect to the internet. I have done everything imaginable to get this fixed with no luck. I have read lots of stuff out there but have not been able to get it to work. any suggestions?

More about : limited connectivity

June 8, 2010 7:01:40 AM

If the wireless device is blocked then you will get a limited or no connectivity message. If this is a laptop try to relocate it another position in such a way that it can be seen (line of sight) from the primary router(the one connected to the internet). Another the configuration is wrong - SSID, password, etc, try to look over this on the first PCs that work fine.
m
l
June 8, 2010 2:12:32 PM

it is very close to the router. within three feet. i'm not very comuter savvy so when you talk about the SSID, I don't even know what that is or even how to check that. (sorry) the computer was connecting to the internet just fine one day, i closed down the computer for the night, next morning turned it on and tried to connect to the internet and suddenly i get that limited or no connectivity message.
m
l
!