Sign in with
Your question

Choosing between two cases.

Last response: in Systems
July 1, 2010 3:13:40 PM

I'm considering wether to buy the NZXT Hush or the CoolerMaster CM-690. (I'm also somewhat considering the NZXT Tempest EVO if everything else fails).

So the deal is, I purchased a new computer and went cheap in the end. I bought this 15$ excuse for a computer case, and I'm now finding out the hard way that there's just no air exchange in it.
As soon as I start a game the temperatures sky-rocket to about 60 degrees C withing the very same minute, and stays so until i turn the game off.

Beware of this case

So as I was saying, there is no room for front fans on this case, I have a 140mm fan in the back, but thats about it. Resting temperature is about 35-39 C and 41 C for the CPU - gaming temperature immediately reaches ~52 C and CPU reaches 60 C.

My build:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

GPU: XFX RADEON HD5850 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP

PSU: Corsair VX 550W PSU

MU: CORSAIR 2GB DDR3 XMS3 PC10600 1333MHZ CL9 (2X1GB)

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, Socket-AM3.
The computer is not overclocked.

Noise is an important issue since im keeping this in the living room, thats why I want to try the NZXT Hush, yet I'm not too keen on buying an all new case just to end up in the same position as I am now, so thats why I'm asking you guys.

More about : choosing cases

a b B Homebuilt system
July 1, 2010 3:15:13 PM

How much do you want to spend on case?
July 1, 2010 3:24:21 PM

Roughly 700 swedish crowns, which is equal to 90 $.
I'm reading alot of reviews concerning the cases, and am most interested in the CoolerMaster CM-690; it seems to give a good balance between the silence of Hush and the cooling capabilities of the Tempest EVO.

All of these cases are avaliable at a local store, and I'm planning to go buy one in about an hour, if no shocking information appears here.
July 1, 2010 3:44:15 PM

I am alittle biased here, so I will say get the cooler master storm scout, its a really great case, I got it myself cant say its quite but its not loud either
!