HD Tune Results with New Satellite P850

cifuang

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
I bought a new Toshiba Satellite P850 laptop and I discovered that it makes funny clicking noises and suspected it to be the harddrive. I exchanged it for another one of the same model and it had the same noise. I thought that it would have to be that way, but yesterday was I was playing Warcraft 3, a game requiring next to none processing power I had a blue screen for the first time as I only have had this laptop for a week and used it for relatively low level gaming and programming. When I turned it on it was noticeably slower to load pages as well as responding time. I read on the HDTune website that if the minumum transfer rate is lower than 10mb, it is possible that the hard drive is dying. I feel that this computer is an ok computer, it has a good processor i7, 8gb ram, dedicated graphics ram, and I dont understand how it can drop so low and get a BSOD.

HD Tune: This is the hard drive, Toshiba MQ01ABD075.
Transfer Rate:
Minimum 2.7 MB/sec
Maximum 87.2 MB/sec
Average 56.3 MB/sec
Access Time : 20.0 ms
Burst Rate 122.4 MB/sec

I really do not want to get another one of the same model, is the hard drive defective to drop so low, or is the laptop itself bad and whether I should get another model? Thanks for the help!

Examine HD Tune's Health tab. Look for reallocated, pending, or uncorrectable sectors.

As for the read benchmark graph, it should ideally have no big dips in performance, and the access time graph should have no significant scatter in the data points.

Latest posts