Need to "piggy back" two wireless routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeySpicuzza

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Hey everyone, here is my exact situation. I have a modem hooked up to a Linksys Wireless N router on my first floor, and on my second floor I have a Avaya office telephone which must be connected via ethernet to a router. I am unable to move the router into the room with the phone, and am unable to move the phone down into the room with the router. I was wondering if there was a way I could possibly piggy back a second Wirless N Router which would recieve signal from the first Wireless N router which is hooked up to the moden. I could put this second Wireless N router in the upstaris room and then use the 4 port switch and hook up the phone via ethernet. If it is not possible to "piggy" back the two, is there another sollution? Is there an ethernet bridge that would recieve signal from the Wireless N router that would have atleast 1 ethernet port that could be connected to the Avaya phone? I'm really at a loss here, any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much for your help in advance!

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
Bridging a wireless router: Well you can bridge another router to your primary router (the one connected to the internet), the bridge (second) router will be position in a way that it can be seen "wireless" by the one at the second floor. At the second floor you can use an access point (just like a hub) to connect your phone to it then this access point will connect "wireless" to the second router.

Status
Not open for further replies.