Cyrborg RAT 7 Drifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtsolidus

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008
Hello,
I recently got a R.A.T 7. I love the mouse. It fits my hand comfortably, The weight is perfect ( no added weights) the software works well. However for some reason every now and then the cursor will start to drift in random directions. Sometimes only a little/slowly, other times very quickly and noticeably. If the mouse isn't on a surface (laser pointing in the air) there is no drift. Using my deathadder this problem doesn't occur so I know it's not the computer. I also know others have had this issue. I'm wondering if this is fixable or if i have a defective unit? It really bothers me as for me this is the one flaw I have found in the mouse, but it's a pretty game breaking one.

I have updated the firmware and software to their latest versions, as well as the drivers. When the RAT is plugged in I make sure the Deathadders drivers are uninstalled. I've tried a couple of different surfaces ( Ideazon Fragmat, wooden keyboard shelf, paper, etc.) But always the same result. It doesn't do it constantly or predictably. Just every now and then it will start drifting at random speeds and directions. It actually started doing it about halfway through this post..

sgtsolidus

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008
[strike]Found the issue. seems like a piece of something was in the USB cord. cleaned it and no more drifting.[/strike]

Edit: seems unplugging and plugging it back in is a temporary issue. still can't find the reason.

AMW1011

Distinguished

I had a similar issue a long time ago. After 5 minutes I realized that the perforated holes in my keyboard tray were the cause. Slapped an old mouse pad there and never had a problem. Since its not the pad for you, try looking at the bottom of the mouse to see if anything is off or inside the sensor.

Assuming its not something so simple it sound defective, contact tech support to see if they have an easy fix, if not RMA it.

sgtsolidus

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2008
I'm going to wait to see if new drivers will fix it. different surfaces didn't fix it. I won it in a contest so I'm not really willing to pay for s&h back and forth to get it fixed. Think I'll just move back to my deathadder.

Ken1171

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
I have the same mouse for over a year, and I have the exact same problem. At random times, the RAT7 starts drifting and I can't make it stop. Double-clicking becomes impossible because Windows thinks I am trying to DRAG, since the mouse is MOVING when I click. I have Windows 7 64-bits with all the updates. I also have the latest Saitek drivers in 64-bit version, but the cursor is STILL DRIFTING at random times.

Any solutions yet? I see this has been going on for years no.

neonworm

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
I'm not an expert, but it does sound that it's a fault with the mouse itself. It could just be a fault with a batch of them, or it could be all.. Looked online for similar things and there are other people with the same problem, so I think it's just a general fault with the mouse.

The only thing I can suggest is finding another mouse, it looks like that mouse is more about looks than performance.
I have a Sharkoon Fireglider, and would recommend that to anybody, instantly. It is a brilliant mouse and is serving me well.

It's really annoying when something like this has a fault, as it looks great and has everything you want, but doesn't work properly. I have this issue with my Razer Lycosa keyboard, bought it for the specs (and the thin keys, hate the normal ones) and it just randomly cuts out every now and then :/

webrom

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
I have done 2 things that i think the cause of issue, unplug and cleaning it with wet wipe.
Now, i have to use it on a A4 paper, or you can try some white surface for it (i think).

Status
Not open for further replies.