Infinite Loop instead of going to windows 7 install screen

Well today I built my PC, and i've been asking for help all over these boards over the last few days, so i'm hoping people here are still patient enough to help me out now that i'm almost there (well, then there's installing the drivers but I hope that'll be straightforward.

The default BIOS settings for boot priority are

1st = Removable Dev.
2nd = SATA:PM-ST3500320A
3rd = Atapi CD-ROM
4th IDE: HL-DT-ST-DVD RAM GSA-H55L

I previously managed to set the boot priority so that it went to widnows 7 install screen, however the motherboard did not detect my hard drives, so I had to turn off the PC and then connect the hard drives properly. after that I got to a windows repair utility but I could go no further, the PC just tried to repair itself, but there wasnt windows 7 installed on it (there was windows 7 installed on the hard drives from my old PC though).

I think before I set the 1st boot priority to Atapi CD-ROM ?? but now when I do this and I insert the windows 7 the PC just goes into an infinite loop, and at one point, after POST, I get a jmicron message then a green line that simply says

IDE:HL-DT-ST-DVD RAM GSA-H55L

Which I do not understand at all. since this is the 4th boot priority.

Does anyone have any clues on how I can resolve this issue and get to the installation screen? what do I need to set as my boot priority?
1 answer Last reply
More about infinite loop windows install screen
  1. holyroller said:
    Well today I built my PC, and i've been asking for help all over these boards over the last few days, so i'm hoping people here are still patient enough to help me out now that i'm almost there (well, then there's installing the drivers but I hope that'll be straightforward.

The default BIOS settings for boot priority are

1st = Removable Dev.
    2nd = SATA:PM-ST3500320A
    3rd = Atapi CD-ROM
    4th IDE: HL-DT-ST-DVD RAM GSA-H55L

I previously managed to set the boot priority so that it went to widnows 7 install screen, however the motherboard did not detect my hard drives, so I had to turn off the PC and then connect the hard drives properly. after that I got to a windows repair utility but I could go no further, the PC just tried to repair itself, but there wasnt windows 7 installed on it (there was windows 7 installed on the hard drives from my old PC though).

I think before I set the 1st boot priority to Atapi CD-ROM ?? but now when I do this and I insert the windows 7 the PC just goes into an infinite loop, and at one point, after POST, I get a jmicron message then a green line that simply says

IDE:HL-DT-ST-DVD RAM GSA-H55L

Which I do not understand at all. since this is the 4th boot priority.

Does anyone have any clues on how I can resolve this issue and get to the installation screen? what do I need to set as my boot priority?

are you using the same hard drive from your old computer? Try formatting that drive before using it. Set the cd/dvd drive that you are placing the win 7 cd in as top priority
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Windows 7 Boot Systems