blank page loads-active x issue

I am trying to fix a friend's computer. Removed several viruses, back door
trojans, etc. I am trying to delete previous restore points. When I go to
open the restore function, the program just shows a blank page.
Also, when I go to the microsoft update web page, I get a blank page.
After doing some research, I believe the problem is related to ActiveX. I
found that I need a file called scripten.exe. I can download the file, but
when I try to install it, windows gives me a message that says the file is
not signed as a WInXP fill and will not install. I even tried running the
file from a cd that I burned on another computer.
WinXP SP2 installed
Thanks
Robin

youeme <youeme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to fix a friend's computer. Removed several viruses, back door
>trojans, etc. I am trying to delete previous restore points. When I go to
>open the restore function, the program just shows a blank page.
>Also, when I go to the microsoft update web page, I get a blank page.
>After doing some research, I believe the problem is related to ActiveX.

If you do not get further help from here, post this to
See "How to Troubleshoot Possible Causes of Internet Connection
Problems" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314095).

--
(tm)