Crash Dump Initialization Failed! (multiple crashes)

pcarroll0813

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Hey guys,

I built a new computer 6 months ago. Had a whole load of problems with it - lots of crashes, etc. I memtested, torture tested etc. and couldn't find any problems with the ram. In desperation I try one last system restore and bam! - system is stable for 6 months.

Then all of a sudden it starts again. It freezes, usually during gaming, and restarts. Then it restarts again a few times while I'm trying to boot up again. Then it works. For no reason at all.

The Event Viewer just says "Crash Dump Initialization Failed!". No info other than that. I've been searching here and google and it sounds like no one has a solution.

I'm running 2x2gb G.Skill ram, a Sapphire 5770 gfx card, AMD Phenom II x4 955 on an Asus M4A79XTD EVO motherboard. Bios and all drivers have been updated.

/cry

Please, please, please, does anyone have any ideas about what the issue might be? I feel like I've tried everything... even pounding and drop kicking the case. Managed to break a fan, but the problem's still there. Next step is throwing it out the window...