Dell Dimension 4700 Fan Upgrade

jt1995

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
The fan inside my Dimension 4700 is starting to get old and is off and on with a very unpleasant noise, instead of replacing the fan i was interested in upgrading to a improved one. Ive been looking at the technical specifications and i know i need a 92mm fan, but all of the upgraded ones ive found all seem to be 4-Pin connectors. Would a 4-pin be able to fit inside a 5-pin or would they not be compatible, other imformtaion on what the "pin" is would be great as well. Thank you.

Your fan connector is unique to dell; check your dell ps and see if it has a spare 4 pin connector. If not, you may have to gamble on a 3 or 4 pin standard connector. Newegg has 46 92mm case fans, about as good selection as anybody. Or, you can try a canned air product to quiet down your fan. They contain special sovents that evaporate quickly.

sschnee

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
While I'm not sure about the connectors in Dell in particular, I can recommend the Nexus 92 mm fan. As far as noise goes, I think it is simply the best, and it's not expensive. You can usually get them on Amazon.