Scan a H-I41-uATX (Eton) motherboard in my HP PC

44dmr44

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
Hello,

is there any way i can scan the above mentioned motherboard in my HP PC for any problems??....i recently installed another 2GB memory in it for 4 GB total but all that shows up is 2....i contacted HP about it and they told me to ship the entire PC to them and they would check it out and repair if needed but im thinking why cant i just buy another motherboard thats compatible and install it myself??....i have Windows 7 recovery cds available to re-install Windows and im not really concerned about voiding any warranty if what i do is pretty much customizing my PC....i just want to make sure that its possible to install another motherboard and that my OS will work.....my PC is a HP Pavilion Slimline s5610t model

Your OS setup only works with hp boards; I know as I once owned a compaq desktop pc. But that didn't stop me from changing boards. If you're concerned about warranty, I would leave it alone, especially if you've never changed out a board. Sell it and build your own.

howardp6

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
Re-install the memory, it may not be installed correctly. Watch the boot up of the machine and see, how much memory is recognized. For some machine machines you have to go into the BIOS by pressing delete or F2 depending on the BIOS on the machine and save the setting for the mmory to be recognized.