Difference between Radeon 9600 Pro Advantage and Radeon HD 3650 AGP

Hello,
I had a Radeon 9600 Pro Advantage Graphics Card in my computer for about 5 years and it would work with online games such as second life, but it would give me a lot of lines and triangles and colors etc after a little while. So I thought I would upgrade to a better card. I then found out that I only had an AGP slot on my motherboard and not a PCIe, so I grabbed the latest AGP they had which was the Radeon HD 3650 thus thinking it would still be a better upgrade than nothing at all, but it turns out I can no longer even log into the game at all??? Can anyone tell me why that would be and what I should do? I really wanted to get the 4000 series but the guy said it wouldn't fit because it was for a PCIe slot. Shouldn't the 3650 be better than the older 9600??
Hope someone can help me cause I just don't get it? Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about difference radeon 9600 advantage radeon 3650
  1. Did you remove the old Radeon 9600 drivers and install the Radeon HD 3650 drivers? There is an AGP Radeon HD 4000 series cards, two IIRC: the HD 4650 and HD 4670.
  2. Lmeow said:
    Did you remove the old Radeon 9600 drivers and install the Radeon HD 3650 drivers? There is an AGP Radeon HD 4000 series cards, two IIRC: the HD 4650 and HD 4670.

I think I did...I tried to anyhow...maybe I did something wrong?? There was a HD 4650 on the shelf and that jerk flap told me it was PCIe...thanks for replying so quick! :))
  3. Well if you were still looking for another card; my old 8400gs i had works fine, runs MW2 at 70-90fps lowest settings (this was the pci-e version) but before that i had a pci version which is pretty similar performance and i can remember playing cod4 on it on my old compaq workstation :P pretty cheap as well :) But yeah check you properly uninstalled and reinstalled new drivers :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards HD Graphics