Difference between Radeon 9600 Pro Advantage and Radeon HD 3650 AGP

Coach_77

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Hello,
I had a Radeon 9600 Pro Advantage Graphics Card in my computer for about 5 years and it would work with online games such as second life, but it would give me a lot of lines and triangles and colors etc after a little while. So I thought I would upgrade to a better card. I then found out that I only had an AGP slot on my motherboard and not a PCIe, so I grabbed the latest AGP they had which was the Radeon HD 3650 thus thinking it would still be a better upgrade than nothing at all, but it turns out I can no longer even log into the game at all??? Can anyone tell me why that would be and what I should do? I really wanted to get the 4000 series but the guy said it wouldn't fit because it was for a PCIe slot. Shouldn't the 3650 be better than the older 9600??
Hope someone can help me cause I just don't get it? Thanks

Coach_77

Distinguished
May 24, 2010

I think I did...I tried to anyhow...maybe I did something wrong?? There was a HD 4650 on the shelf and that jerk flap told me it was PCIe...thanks for replying so quick! :))

starkore

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
Well if you were still looking for another card; my old 8400gs i had works fine, runs MW2 at 70-90fps lowest settings (this was the pci-e version) but before that i had a pci version which is pretty similar performance and i can remember playing cod4 on it on my old compaq workstation :p pretty cheap as well :) But yeah check you properly uninstalled and reinstalled new drivers :D

TRENDING THREADS