Why is my monitor acting like a wide screen

I set the resolution to all of the different options and the monitor still
acts as if it is a wide screen, but it is not.
If I try resizing the display so it fits in the screen all the icons and
windows look squished.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:01:06 -0800, MSommers wrote:

> I set the resolution to all of the different options and the monitor still
> acts as if it is a wide screen, but it is not.
> If I try resizing the display so it fits in the screen all the icons and
> windows look squished.

If there are controls on the monitor itself, set Display Properties to the
general settings that you like. Then give the monitor controls a workout to
bring in the edges that are off screen.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

I tried that but the icons get squished when I bring in the edges. The outer
edges of the screen are clear but the middle is fuzzy, like it was streched.
A mazimized window has narrow buttons but when I restore the window the
buttons are just fine.

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:01:06 -0800, MSommers wrote:
>
> > I set the resolution to all of the different options and the monitor still
> > acts as if it is a wide screen, but it is not.
> > If I try resizing the display so it fits in the screen all the icons and
> > windows look squished.
>
> If there are controls on the monitor itself, set Display Properties to the
> general settings that you like. Then give the monitor controls a workout to
> bring in the edges that are off screen.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Read the monitor manual and opt to change all the settings back to factory
default - then make your adjustmenst for the various resolutions.