Why is my monitor acting like a wide screen

I set the resolution to all of the different options and the monitor still
acts as if it is a wide screen, but it is not.
If I try resizing the display so it fits in the screen all the icons and
windows look squished.
3 answers Last reply
More about monitor acting wide screen

    On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:01:06 -0800, MSommers wrote:

    > I set the resolution to all of the different options and the monitor still
    > acts as if it is a wide screen, but it is not.
    > If I try resizing the display so it fits in the screen all the icons and
    > windows look squished.

    If there are controls on the monitor itself, set Display Properties to the
    general settings that you like. Then give the monitor controls a workout to
    bring in the edges that are off screen.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    I tried that but the icons get squished when I bring in the edges. The outer
    edges of the screen are clear but the middle is fuzzy, like it was streched.
    A mazimized window has narrow buttons but when I restore the window the
    buttons are just fine.

    "Sharon F" wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:01:06 -0800, MSommers wrote:
    >
    > > I set the resolution to all of the different options and the monitor still
    > > acts as if it is a wide screen, but it is not.
    > > If I try resizing the display so it fits in the screen all the icons and
    > > windows look squished.
    >
    > If there are controls on the monitor itself, set Display Properties to the
    > general settings that you like. Then give the monitor controls a workout to
    > bring in the edges that are off screen.
    >
    > --
    > Sharon F
    > MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol

    Read the monitor manual and opt to change all the settings back to factory
    default - then make your adjustmenst for the various resolutions.

    "MSommers" <MSommers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I tried that but the icons get squished when I bring in the edges. The
    >outer
    > edges of the screen are clear but the middle is fuzzy, like it was
    > streched.
    > A mazimized window has narrow buttons but when I restore the window the
    > buttons are just fine.
    >
    > "Sharon F" wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 09:01:06 -0800, MSommers wrote:
    >>
    >> > I set the resolution to all of the different options and the monitor
    >> > still
    >> > acts as if it is a wide screen, but it is not.
    >> > If I try resizing the display so it fits in the screen all the icons
    >> > and
    >> > windows look squished.
    >>
    >> If there are controls on the monitor itself, set Display Properties to
    >> the
    >> general settings that you like. Then give the monitor controls a workout
    >> bring in the edges that are off screen.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Sharon F
    >> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
    >> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol

Configuration Monitors Microsoft Windows XP