Intel i5-760 vs AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE

AresReborn

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Solution
The i5 is the better performer hands down, and has some intense OC headroom.

However! With only a GTX 460 you'll only notice a slight difference in a few CPU dependent games.

So! Go with a Phenom II 955 (pretty much a 965 with a lower stock multiplier... which you can change) and game on!!

*edit*

Just noticed you said SLI in the future. Makes me lean towards the i5, especially if you are only minimally overlocking.
Personnely, for a purely gaming build, i've always recommended the AMD route.. The two processors here differ by a healthy 40$ which cannot be neglected.. However, if you plan to SLI that GTX 460 in future, your options with AMD will be limited.. The LGA 1156 will serve you better in that case.. The i5 760 is again a better processor overall.. So if you can afford a good build around it, then surely go for it..

shubham1401

Distinguished

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
The i5 is the better performer hands down, and has some intense OC headroom.

However! With only a GTX 460 you'll only notice a slight difference in a few CPU dependent games.

So! Go with a Phenom II 955 (pretty much a 965 with a lower stock multiplier... which you can change) and game on!!

*edit*

Just noticed you said SLI in the future. Makes me lean towards the i5, especially if you are only minimally overlocking.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS