Sign in with
Your question

Best pci graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 23, 2010 7:42:19 PM

Hello,
I have an older computer, an HP dc5100 microtower buisness PC, and HP decided not to put an AGP or PCIe slot in there. I have an intergrated graphics processor with 128MB of dedicated ram, but I've heard that these are terrible at playing games. I have a pentium 4HT processr at 3.60GHZ, and 3GB of DDR2 memory; if I buy a PCI video card which is the best one for gaming and rendering(AutoCad)? Or should I just save my money and get a new motherboard?

More about : pci graphics card

a b U Graphics card
May 23, 2010 8:03:11 PM

ray_071 said:
Hello,
I have an older computer, an HP dc5100 microtower buisness PC, and HP decided not to put an AGP or PCIe slot in there. I have an intergrated graphics processor with 128MB of dedicated ram, but I've heard that these are terrible at playing games. I have a pentium 4HT processr at 3.60GHZ, and 3GB of DDR2 memory; if I buy a PCI video card which is the best one for gaming and rendering(AutoCad)? Or should I just save my money and get a new motherboard?

Your mobo doesn't have any PCIe slot, AGP slot... :o 
The only slot you have is 2 PCI slot... :ouch: 

There is no doubt. Go for another system. You can't do anything at all with that thing. I'm sorry.
m
l
May 23, 2010 8:22:50 PM

I would completely work from scratch. If your purpose is to game, then that build needs to be tossed out.
m
l
Related resources
May 24, 2010 12:10:53 AM

Don't spend any more money into an old age system. Its best to just get another PC, even buy a refurb one
m
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
May 24, 2010 1:18:17 PM

This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Graphic & Displays by Mousemonkey
m
l
!