Best pci graphics card

Hello,
I have an older computer, an HP dc5100 microtower buisness PC, and HP decided not to put an AGP or PCIe slot in there. I have an intergrated graphics processor with 128MB of dedicated ram, but I've heard that these are terrible at playing games. I have a pentium 4HT processr at 3.60GHZ, and 3GB of DDR2 memory; if I buy a PCI video card which is the best one for gaming and rendering(AutoCad)? Or should I just save my money and get a new motherboard?
4 answers Last reply
More about best graphics card
  1. ray_071 said:
    Hello,
    I have an older computer, an HP dc5100 microtower buisness PC, and HP decided not to put an AGP or PCIe slot in there. I have an intergrated graphics processor with 128MB of dedicated ram, but I've heard that these are terrible at playing games. I have a pentium 4HT processr at 3.60GHZ, and 3GB of DDR2 memory; if I buy a PCI video card which is the best one for gaming and rendering(AutoCad)? Or should I just save my money and get a new motherboard?

Your mobo doesn't have any PCIe slot, AGP slot... :o
    The only slot you have is 2 PCI slot... :ouch:

There is no doubt. Go for another system. You can't do anything at all with that thing. I'm sorry.
  2. I would completely work from scratch. If your purpose is to game, then that build needs to be tossed out.
  3. Don't spend any more money into an old age system. Its best to just get another PC, even buy a refurb one
  4. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Graphic & Displays by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Hewlett Packard Graphics