Integrated Graphics card question.

xixes

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
OK newbie question here. Not all up on the integrated scene as i much prefer non-integrated cards (but then again don't we all)

So I have the following card in my laptop. The following is taken from a dxdiag report.

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8200M G
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 1392 MB
Dedicated Memory: 241 MB
Shared Memory: 1151 MB

Now I know that the RAM on integrated cards is shared to the card from the system RAM (of which I have 3gig).

My question(s)

1.) which of the 3 memory sizes listed is the true memory usage of my card
2.) if its the dedicated memory (which i assume it is) is it possible to increase that number (i.e. dedicate more RAM to my card) to possibly 512 MB?
3.) am i just stuck with what i have and just deal with what i have till i can get the $$ together to cobble together a decent desktop.

Rest of my PC specs are as follows (again from dxdiag. copy/paste from there is faster than typing :ange: )

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (yes i know Vista = blah. trying to locate my Windows 7 update disk)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP G60 Notebook PC
BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1
Processor: AMD Turion Dual-Core RM-75 (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2814MB RAM
Page File: 1487MB used, 4376MB available (been told that this can be sometimes used as RAM if needed)
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

*note* All drivers are currently up to date.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

GeForce 8200M specs
3. With a laptop you're stuck with what you have.
2. The dedicated memory is what's on the actual 8200M chip.
1. Probably have 256MB of actual dedicated VRAM. Actual display memory will vary depending on what else you have going on in the laptop. (Try running DXDIAG while doing a virus scan and a few other things, for example).