1. How's my build? I would like to cut the cost a $100 or so. I still need to buy the Case. But I don't want to drop the AMD Phenom II X4 965. And i play games where FPS matters, I'm tired of 30 fps on my labtop
2. Is the mobo worth it? PSU?
3. I chose the Video card based on reviews from Newegg. It seems like a beast.
If you prefer Nvidia to ATI then the 470 is as good a choice you can make. Me personally, I don't care whether my card is ATI or Nvidia, and for that reason, the $60 extra for the 470 instead of a 5850 seems overpriced. Especially as for about $30 more than the 470 I could get a 5870 card.
It is probably worth having a look at combos involving the Graphic cards as there are usually good deals.
I would consider just getting the 955 AMD as that requires a tiny tweak in Bios to turn it into a 965 for free. That saves you some money for no performance loss.
You can just buy Windows 7 OEM for $99, then make use of another combo with the CPU.
I would go with the better G Skill RAM (Ripjaws) with CL 7. There are a number of combos there - some with case, some with PSU.
Afraid I am in a rush socannot give more detail, I am sure others will give a more thorough list
1. See above
2. see above
3. Can't get a 470 or 5870 in under $1k with the OS. At least not with a mobo that has xfire potential. Don't wanna use Nvidia with AMD, as you can't SLI.
4. No need unless you want a high OC.
5. Cm Hyper 212 Plus $30 on amazon. Don't really need one unless you OC though.