What's made my PC so Slow ??

Christopher Cannon

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
Hi all,

As i logged in my PC...suddenly PC Stopped responding..& after 3 mins it restarts automatically..!!When i checked in Windows Task manager process what's going in it...i found nothing in there...but still my PC is slow..i also got probs..while opening IE...It also hangs..is there virus or anything else ...If sumone got any solution..plz tell..i m not able to work even..and is there any software to prevent it..!!

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
i would install process explorer its task manager on crack, you will show you everything that is running and tell you what is cpu hog, virus program can do on demand scans at boot, i also would run ccleaner (make a backup of reg keys before running this tool) to clean your old and dead reg keys. You can also del restore points that you do not need and keep the ones you do. You can also look into setting you system Virtual memory to custom size. Uninstall programs you do not need, remove programs that autoload at startup. Upgrade you drivers, bios if needed. I hope this helps, have a great day!

"I know nothing that is why i am here a Tom's Hardware"