Wireless router stopped after upgrade to WX Pro

shorty

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2002

I have just upgraded from WXP Home to Pro. I have not activated the
Windows firewall. There is a firewall in my router and I use Firefox
and Thunderbird for Internet and email. Anyhow my wireless router does
not work properly. Any suggestions.

Thanks, Shorty

Shorty wrote:
> I have just upgraded from WXP Home to Pro. I have not activated the
> Windows firewall. There is a firewall in my router and I use Firefox
> and Thunderbird for Internet and email. Anyhow my wireless router
> does not work properly. Any suggestions.

Okay - not much to go on - so i will ask the more obvious questions..'

What have you done to troubleshoot?
Tried getting the latest drivers?
What wireless NIC do you have?
Using Windows to control the Wireless connectivity or the utility that comes
with your wireless NIC (which is better really depends on the hardware you
have and your situation)?
When you view wireless networks available with Windows or the utility that
came with the NIC - do you see your network?
Is your wireless network configured to broadcast itself?
Using WEP or other security measures on your wireless router?
Can other machines still see the wireless router?

--
<- Shenan ->