Your question

PC Blue Screening Constantly

Tags:
  • Corsair
  • Memory
Last response: in Memory
April 2, 2011 12:57:36 AM

Hello,

I've been doing everything I can to fix my problem but I can't seem to get this system stable. I'm thinking it's a memory issue, and it's been suggested to me but setting the RAM to the suggested settings gives me countless errors in memtest.

I updated my ram frequency and voltage to 1600mhz and 1.66volts. The QPI voltage. 1.35 and the timings to 9 9 9 24. This caused a multitude of errors in memtest. At 1600mhz 1.66volts and Auto for voltage and timing. Memtest passes.

At 1600mhz and 1.66 volts windows memory diagnostic says I have hardware problems and should contact my vendor. Window memory diagnostic passes everything at default settings. I've posted my system specs below.

Any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

CAS: * Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: * Asus BC-08B1LT 8X Blu-Ray Player & DVDRW Combo(BLACK COLOR)
CD2: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-960 3.20 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366
CS_FAN: Default case fans
FA_HDD: None
FAN: XtremeGear Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
GLASSES: None
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
HDD2: None
IEEE_CARD: None
KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
MB_ADDON: None
MEMORY: 12GB (2GBx6) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair Dominator (CM3X2G1600C9D6)
MONITOR: None
MONITOR2: None
MONITOR3: None

MOTHERBOARD: * (3-Way SLI Support) GigaByte GA-X58A-UD3R Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Ultra Durable™3 Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Dolby Audio, eSATA, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2 x SATA-III RAID, IEEE1394a, 4 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI
MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
NCSW: None
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional [ 135] (64-bit Edition)
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 80 Plus Power Supply (80 Gold)

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None
TEMP: None
TVRC: None

USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USBFLASH: None
USBHD: None
USBX: None
VC_PHYSX: None
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO2: None
VIDEO3: None
WNC: None

More about : blue screening constantly

April 5, 2011 8:19:57 PM

It could be many things causing your BSOD issues. I think you may be correct that it is a RAM issue. You are using MEMORY: 12GB (2GBx6) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair Dominator (CM3X2G1600C9D6). I could not find that memory on the verified memory list from Gigabytes web site. It recommends 1.5V DDR3 DIMM http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_g...

Just to be safe, make sure that your drivers are up to date before you replace your RAM. Also keep you RAM votage to Auto. You MB should detect and use the correct voltage. Your MB is looking for 1.5V Ram and it is seeing 1.66V. Good Luck.
m
l
a b } Memory
April 5, 2011 10:20:33 PM

You also need to be aware that Intel recommends that any RAM used with the i-series CPUs should not exceed 1.65V. Overvolting can result in permanent CPU damage that will void your warranty.

I suggest you load fail safe defaults (typically F9), then set your RAM to manufacturers recommended specs (listed on stickers), with the exception of your DRAM voltage; set it to 1.65V.

Now test one stick at a time in MT86+ v4.2. Allow MT86+ to run at least as long as it did when it previously generated errors. Continue until you've tested all six sticks, individually.
m
l
June 4, 2011 6:28:25 PM

Thanks for the help guys. After weeks of toiling with this thing I sent it back. Going to build one from scratch.
m
l
!