How good is the newegg holiday sale?

gorgot

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
I'm going to build my first ever gaming computer at the end of this summer, starting with zero know-how and zero parts -- meaning I'll need the OS and a monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, all of it -- but I was wondering if Neweggs current sale is potent enough that it'd be smart to consider buying now instead of waiting a few months. I'm completely new to this stuff and the values of it all so I don't know if I'm being suckered by a shiny add or if it's a really smart time to build a computer. Thanks!

Wolfshadw

Titan
Meh...

I didn't see anything uber-exciting about Newegg's current sale. Holiday sales are often like this. You're better off checking their daily deals and one-off sales.

Don't get me wrong. I'm an avid Newegg fan and 5+ year loyal customer. Their prices, even during non-sale times, are among the lowest and their customer service is top notch (in my experience). I just think you're better off waiting for something better.

-Wolf sends

gorgot

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
Thanks. I'll be posting an actual advice query on here sometime this summer, maybe even as soon as next week if I can get the finances in order, but I just wanted to make sure if there wasn't like a buncha deals that would be saving me so much insane money that it would be crazy to wait.