Processor Upgrade help

brandonkgallagher

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Hi, I have a question regarding my laptop. I want to upgrade the single core amd to a good but affordable dual, triple or quad core, but I am unsure of what will work. I have a turion x2 2.1 from an HP laptop that is the same socket but I'm not sure if it doesn't support DDR3 ram or what. I already installed it and got nothing from it. So I put the single core back in until I can get a new one. My laptop model is Compaq Presario CQ62-215dx, here is the link if that helps.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Compaq+-+Presario+Laptop+/+AMD+V-Series+Processor+/+15.6%22+Display+/+2GB+Memory+/+250GB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/9980182.p?id=1218207308692&skuId=9980182

Basically what I'm wanting to do is get a better processor and upgrade to 8gb of ram. I play WoW on this and it actually runs pretty decently at lower settings. I would like to increase the performance to at least maybe mid settings. Everything else I use the laptop for runs great. Thank you in advance for any help.

Brandon

brandonkgallagher

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Ok, so does that mean that there are no compatible cpu's for this motherboard? Buying a new laptop is out of the question right now. I own a gaming rig, that I run WoW on ultra settings at 1900x1440. So this isn't a major deal with the laptop, I would just like to see what options I have available. Would upgrading the ram to the max of 8gb help at all? Thanks for any help.