Sign in with
Your question

Case help

Last response: in Components
August 31, 2010 5:56:54 AM

I have received a computer from my friend and I'm currently using the case. However my case is unmarked, as in no label from the manufacture, anywhere. I also cannot find anything online that matches its specs. I'm hoping to identify the case. A list of features:

4 x 5.25" external bays
1 x front floppy bay
2 x 120mm fan spots (1 front and 1 on the side panel)
1 x 80mm rear fan
7 x expansion slots
4 x 3.25" internal bays
A CPU vent And the front looks like sort of an X where the vent for the front fan is.
Also 2 Front USB and front audio and microphone.

Heres a pic in case anyones seen it before.
Spoiler

More about : case

a b ) Power supply
August 31, 2010 4:52:03 PM

That pictures doesn't show anything, just the front so it could be anything.

Why do you want to identify the case?
m
l
August 31, 2010 10:52:53 PM

I love this case because its not overkill and has everything I need. However I want to mod it, so I was hoping get a second one in case something goes wrong. Also if nothing goes wrong I have some old pc parts laying around that when I'm done I can make a half-way decent computer for my father since he is sick of his girlfriend putting games and everything on their laptop. Which he stated was not going to happen.
m
l
Related resources
a c 144 ) Power supply
September 1, 2010 4:17:23 AM

For some reason the picture is not loading. But from your description - and the lack of a brand name, I suspect that it is a no-name case out of China.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
September 1, 2010 4:55:52 AM

Ask your friend perhaps?
No idea what it is.
m
l
September 1, 2010 5:08:13 AM

My friend has no paper work of the parts, as a family friend built it.
m
l
a c 84 ) Power supply
September 1, 2010 5:15:45 AM

Wouldn't worry about it, just don't mess up;)
m
l
September 1, 2010 5:25:53 AM

Well I'm looking to put some vent holes in the top of the case so I can flip the PSU around so it can draw in cooler outside air. Also wanted to try to mod the side panel and put in a side window. Any guides on those ideas? I haven't been able to find any.
m
l
!