Mandatory Upgrade XP Gold?

Interesting bit in this article...

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS05-002.mspx

<paste>

I am still using Windows XP, but extended security update support
ended on September 30th, 2004.

The original version of Windows XP, commonly known as Windows XP Gold
or Windows XP Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version, reached the end
of its extended security update support life cycle on September 30,
2004.

It should be a priority for customers who have this operating system
version to migrate to supported operating system versions

</paste>

Great. So where do we get replacement OS CDs from, or how do we build
our own slipstreamed OS CDs? Without that, we are doomed to fall back
to unsupported XP Gold after every repair install or rebuild.

>------------ ----- ---- --- -- - - - -
The most accurate diagnostic instrument
in medicine is the Retrospectoscope

cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) wrote:
> Interesting bit in this article...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS05-002.mspx
>
> <paste>
>
> I am still using Windows XP, but extended security update support
> ended on September 30th, 2004.
>
> The original version of Windows XP, commonly known as Windows XP Gold
> or Windows XP Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version, reached the end
> of its extended security update support life cycle on September 30,
> 2004.
>
> It should be a priority for customers who have this operating system
> version to migrate to supported operating system versions
>
> </paste>
>
> Great. So where do we get replacement OS CDs from, or how do we build
> our own slipstreamed OS CDs? Without that, we are doomed to fall back
> to unsupported XP Gold after every repair install or rebuild.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=How+to+slipstream+SP2+into+Windows+XP

Autostreamer
http://www.autopatcher.com/autostreamer.html

--
<- Shenan ->

Guess you haven't heard or know how to use a search engine via the web - had
you, you would have found virtually thousands of hits on "how to slipstream"
service packs into NT OS's, starting with Win2k SP1 through present WinXP
SP2. They even have an application to assist you in building the
slipstreamed CD - suggest you start with the site I have listed below my
signature.

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"