Corsair AX 750 Professional Gold Series

FirstTimeBuilder2011

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
I may have purchased the wrong PSU - I sure hope not. This is my first time building a PC from scratch, so bare with me.

In my MOBO manual (Sabertooth X58) it reminds me of not to forget to connect the 8-pin connect otherwise my system won't start. Fair enough. However, this PSU does not, or at least I didn't see it in my package, contain the same 8-pin orientation cable. Maybe I missed something here, but Corsair's manual states an EPS12V and Asus' manual states EATX12V, both of which are 8-pin. Is there a difference? Please don't tell me I made a rookie mistake.

To help you try and help me, here is my MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-665-_-Product

And here is my PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...6&Tpk=AX%20750

Looks like I missed or dropped a cable somewhere:{ :pfff:

Solution
You know what? Unless im grossly mistaken..I am almost certain that your not actually missing anything...have you already put the motherboard into the case? Although it won't line up correctly..it doesn't matter...I assure you..I had similar concerns, but you need to just fit it into the 8 pin..

What might be the case is that perhaps 4 may fit, and 4 may not..line it up as best as you can..and push it in...it should work..if it truly concerns you..consult corsair..but, I am certain that it should go in

wiro67

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
according to the psu manual you should have two 4 pin cables
put them both in the 8 pin slot

cause older boards have 4 pin 12v and new boards have 8 pin they make em compatible
for both by splitting the 8 pin cable into 2 4 pin

asantesoul

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010

FirstTimeBuilder2011

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011

Thanks for the reply! The more I think about it, the more I feel that I am missing a cable. The manual states that I should have two of these 8-pin cables, yet I only seem to have one in the bag. I have tried every which way to make it fit on the MOBO to no avail. Both ends will not line up to this MOBOs orientation. For example, the bottom plugs on the MOBO have SQAURE inserts, where as the cable has oval shaped ones. Upside down, backwards and even tried opposite ends to connect and nothing works! Hmm...

Not sure if this matters, but I did purchase this overseas in Japan. Corsair has instructions in various languages and I'm missing a cable! I think...maybe need to see if I didn't drop one somewhere, but I highly doubt that. I'll unplug the other cables I have already connected and conduct a thorough inventory, one for one. It shouldn't be that hard.

My first build is starting to be a pain in my backside! I'm sure there is more to follow on that though.

asantesoul

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
You know what? Unless im grossly mistaken..I am almost certain that your not actually missing anything...have you already put the motherboard into the case? Although it won't line up correctly..it doesn't matter...I assure you..I had similar concerns, but you need to just fit it into the 8 pin..

What might be the case is that perhaps 4 may fit, and 4 may not..line it up as best as you can..and push it in...it should work..if it truly concerns you..consult corsair..but, I am certain that it should go in

Solution

FirstTimeBuilder2011

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011

I guess I had a long day at work, but I managed to figure it out - It was the 8-pin cable that did the trick. Apparently, I was up too late trying to get the orientation to line-up and failed. However, the other side of this cable has 2X4 pins that lined up perfectly. Yes, I was never missing a cable at all:} Thanks for the help!

zona

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Hi all, similar question.

I'm trying to connect my power supply to my video card.

My video card needs a 12pin connector.

I do have "PCI-E" cables which have 2X8 pins. However, it's not really 8 pins, more like 6+2 as the extra 2 are not connected. So I could just not use the 2 in each of the PCI-E cables which would give me 2X6 which would fit the video card. Does that make sense? Will that work or am I going to fry my video card?

Thanks!