Sign in with
Your question

Outdoor View?

Last response: in Systems
July 3, 2010 2:32:12 AM

I am building a PC with a friend tomorrow, and he has an interesting idea. He wants to build the PC outside, on a table. It would be a full build, exposed components and all. I wanted to go with our original idea of building it inside his house. Am I being paranoid or is building this thing outdoors a bad idea?

More about : outdoor view

a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2010 2:59:18 AM

If you fumble something and it hits a stone or concrete patio yeah!
Otherwise it sounds quite pleasant to me.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2010 3:13:53 AM

Just pack it in quickly if it starts to rain, and be careful about static (or as careful as you would inside).
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2010 7:18:38 AM

Are you gonna build a protective container for it, so water doens't get in to it?
m
l
July 3, 2010 8:15:47 AM

Lol,

I assume you mean just build it outside, right? Not leave it there? I wouldn't worry about it as long as it isn't raining too hard. Just be sure to give it a good once over with canned air before applying power to make sure it's clean and dry.
m
l
July 3, 2010 8:07:43 PM

Gotta watch out for the ANTS . buddy of mine had his gfx card taken off by them . Course he blamed the mosquitoes . They big enough round here to have carried it off .

So keep a sharp eye out for those pesky critters . never know when they may need some new parts.

:) 
m
l
!